Roon 1.7 and android

I have an asus tablet. android 7.1.
but it says that the new 1.7 app is not compatible . even though declared compatible with android 5 or superior.
what can be the problem?

no problem with asmartphone with android 5…

Hi @Niccolo_Terzi,

Can you confirm the exact model of the tablet? Does it support OpenGL ES 3.0? As noted in our 1.7 release notes:

Note that we now require OpenGL ES 3.0 support on Android

It’s an ASUS TF300T. an old model, with an unofficial android 7.1 ROM.
how do find out about OpenGL ES 3.0? where should i look?

Google for the tablet specs.

as far as i understand, it’s not a (mere) hardware spec. it’s more related to the OS.

Hi @Niccolo_Terzi,

Based on the information here, it looks like it might not be supported on this device. You have our apologies for the inconvenience here, Niccolò.

thanks @dylan
OK… it’s an old tablet.
the problem though is: if i want to buy a new one, it seems tha “OpenGL ES 3.0” option is not very transparent. i’ve looked at the specs of some new tablets, and i could not find it…

Hey @Niccolo_Terzi – if you have a new tablet (or a few) in mind, let us know and we look into whether they’re supported.

Android device specs can be tricky to interpret and I’m sure the community can help, but we also have access to some info via the Google Play store that lets us know which devices are supported, so let us know what you’re looking at and we’ll do what we can, ok?

Hi @mike
thanks.

anyway: i have update the app on a smartphone.
but… i really can’t see any difference. no change at all…
maybe the differences are only for tablets?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.