Another release is rolling out now, with new functionality and a number of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Roon Build 536 includes Auto Sleep, which automatically puts supported devices into “standby” mode if you haven’t played anything recently. And after going into standby, your device can easily be “woken up” just by playing content in Roon.
This setting will work with Roon Ready devices that meet the above criteria, as well as devices from Devialet, Linn, and Meridian. It will also work when an extension-provided source control with the same capabilities is available on the zone. You can find this setting on the Device Setup page.
Turning off devices automatically when not in use will not only save you money on your electricity bill (especially with power-hungry amplifiers), it will also have a positive impact on the environment.
If you own a supported device, head over to the Device Setup page now to set up Auto-Sleep!
This release also includes a set of new Zone Icons and support for Norwegian, as well as fixes for TIDAL login issues, iPad Pro orientation, certain hardware-specific color issues, and some DSD and MQA issues.
We’ve also gone through a painstaking overhaul of how the Roon UI handles display scaling. This change affects every platform; most notably, it addresses some ugly text rendering artifacts that would occur at non-integer scale factors.
The full list is below, and Build 536 is rolling out now! Thanks everyone!
The Team At Roon Labs
Roon 1.7 (Build 536) Release Notes
Roon Build 536 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon. There is no update to Roon Bridge at this time.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
New Functionality in Build 536
- Auto Sleep on supported audio devices
- New zone icons
Improvements and Bug Fixes for Build 536:
- Complete overhaul of Roon’s handling of display scaling
- Fixes for color issues on some Android and Windows devices
- Fixed issues identifying some MQA files
- Some partner devices support DSD512
- Fixed issues playing DSD content with specific Speaker Setup settings
- Norwegian is now supported (beta)
- Volume +/- buttons round to the nearest integer
- Now Playing: Internet Radio “links” are now working on mobile
- TIDAL login is more reliable, even when we’re unable to communicate with TIDAL
- Fixed issue with ‘Open Roon’ button when app is in Fullscreen mode (MacOS only)
- Portrait mode properly supported on 12.9” iPad Pro 2020
- Fixes for missing text with older ATI Radeon graphic cards under Windows
- Improved performance of metadata lookups during internet radio playback
- Reduced RAAT discovery traffic during network state changes.