Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

This thread is for general comments and feedback regarding Roon 1.7. Tell the devs and the Community what you like or loathe !

As always, should you have an issue requiring assistance, please open a separate thread in the Support category.

In order to assist the devs in reviewing feedback this separate thread has been opened for comments about what you would have preferred to have seen in Roon 1.7. Please keep this thread for comments about what is actually in 1.7.

As discussion develops, mods may also separate out dominant topics into their own Feedback threads.

2 Likes

Well, let me just say… Woo-hoo! Support for the LYRICS tag!

2 Likes

Wooh hoo a directory of internet stations ! It’s a detail but the pictures for categories don’t look so compelling to me. Children, Classical, Folk, Jazz, Stage & Screen look nice but most of the others are “who’s that guy?”

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can you search for Live Radio stations in Roon by text?

Great job guys! The readability has improved immensely (I had the cutoff letters problem).

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Skyrock Paris - broken stream

A post was merged into an existing topic: Where is 1.7 for iOS? [Update will be available soon]

Yes, awesome job guys! This is what we’ve been waiting for!

Good job! I just have to find how my Aries Mini disappeared from my devices now…

Sort by station bitrate would be nice

28 Likes

Got really excited with the Android update - especially with the idea of Roon FINALLY! taking its place in the notification area. But - it’s only when playing on the actual device - not when using as a remote to other output devices. My feedback on this would be - thanks a ton for adding this functionality but I think MOST people use their devices as remotes to bigger better sounding output devices - and having that notification functionality in that case would be appreciated.

16 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Grimm MU1 not updating to Roon 1.7

A post was split to a new topic: Roon 1.7: the fonts are too bold

where did you find the support for the Lyrics tag?

it’s noted in the release notes: Roon 1.7 Is Live!

A post was split to a new topic: Loading database after update

To me, the most important of all is the Android app fix! At last I can stream music with the app in the background while doing other things - No pops, cracks or stops! That alone is worth the 1.7 release IMO.

My next HOPE is the official support of remote streaming somehow… Then it’llbe the perfect piece of software for me :slight_smile:

Well done everyone and thanks for all your work and effort you have put in Roon.
Glad to be a lifetime adopter from today and on.

2 Likes

Thanks Danny, in my excitement to go over all the new improvements I glanced over this and never noted it… It was one of the things I was really looking forward to… So happy to see Roon move forward, can’t imagine the experience of listening to my music outside Roon…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What I would have liked in Roon 1.7

I love the new Zone icons—huge aesthetic/usability improvement.

2 Likes