Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

I love the new Zone icons—huge aesthetic/usability improvement.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Streaming quality selector does not affect Radio playback

A post was split to a new topic: No Audio Devices after 1.7 Update

2 posts were split to a new topic: Instability and repeated db updating after 1.7 upgrade

First impressions:

Bolding all the font makes the UI look unfinished.
Still not mobile/remote playback (been waiting for four years).
Internet radio is nice 'n all, but why would you do this when maintaining this is sure to take away developer’s time (which could be spent implementing MY OWN PERSONAL INTERNET RADIO).
Roon needs to expressly state what information of MINE is being collected and sent. I am getting increasingly worried about this.

Discover looks better.
Everything else is the same (for me).

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to start qobuz streaming

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Privacy_Policy

1 Like

I can play Qobuz just fine with Roon 1.7. Right now may iMac is acting as my Roon Core and I am controlling it with an iPad.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What I would have liked in Roon 1.7

The longer I look at this, the more perplexed I am. Who the hell was in the focus group who said “yes, bolded font EVERYWHERE looks so modern and great.”

Be honest Roon, did you just make this change for the sake of an additional line in the “New Features” rollout for 1.7?

6 Likes

Few adjustments needed on language (below case : French) :ok_hand:

1 Like

ping @alec_eiffel

So far 1.7 is pretty good. I have noticed that the Tag popup is slow to fill in my tags each time I want to modify tag info. It’s taking at least 5 seconds, maybe longer to fill in the rectangle. The wording for the Template itself appear immediately, but the text and check box for my tags are what is taking longer now than on 1.6.

Wow…can’t wait to play…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon 1.7: the fonts are too bold

Sorry for the more than candid question, where is the “New releases for you” feature?

2 Likes

Hello @Patrick_LP,

You can find the “New Releases for You” feature on the “Overview” page in Roon. Scroll down the page past “Recently Added” and you should see it!

-John

2 Likes

Thanks John, I had actually found out meanwhile.

One thing popping up to my mind with this “release for you” feature: how can I tell roon to give preference to Qobuz vs, Tidal, or to best resolution, when displaying an album available with both? Typically Hi-Res (Qobuz) is better than compressed same Hi-Res/MQA (Tidal)

6 Likes

Hello @Patrick_LP,

This functionality is not available at this time. There is an outstanding feature request ticket in our tracking system for this, it will be considered for a future update to Roon.

-John

1 Like

@Patrick_LP - I couldn’t agree more! I would really like either highest res, prefer Qobuz over Tidal, Local, etc…