Roon 1.8 and PS Audio Perfectwave Dac II

Hello,

I was using [Audirvana] until a few days ago when a friend of mine introduced me to [Roon] and I love the interface and options Roon provides. Now I would welcome some help getting Roon and my PS Audio perfectwave (Perfectwave II with [bridge 1] to play nice and stream via WIFI.

I have installed the Roon core 1.8 and Roon bridge 1.8 on a 64 bit Windows pc. The same pc I used to stream from Audirvana to the perfectwave. I just can’t get the perfectwave to show up under Audio. I see my Nvidia Shield and Chromecast devices, but no dac. My network setup must be oke because I can see the perfectwave under Network and can start the browser interface. Plus: Audirvana had no problem connecting the same way.

Hope someone out there can get me going.

Router: Ziggo Connect Box
PC: windows 10 - 64 bits
ROON Core 1.8 and ROON Bridge 1.8
PS Audio Perfectwave II with bridge 1

cheers, Alwin

as far as i recall, Bridge1 supports only upnp - not the Roon RAAT protocol .

If you install Roon, then you don’t need RoonBridge as Roon which has to be running also functions as a RoonBridge. I would uninstall RoonBridge.

Edit. Sorry, did not mean to suggest this would fix the issue with the Bridge 1. Just wanted to point out that you don’t need both software.

The Bridge 1 is not Roon Ready. Unless you physically connnect the laptop to the Perfectwave it will not work. Uninstalling Roon Bridge won’t fix the issue (although the advice is sound). To get Roon you need to upgrade to a Bridge 2 or consider using a non-networked input on the DAC.

1 Like

Sorry for the radio silence, Guys! Thank you all for your replies and clarifications…

Its a shame that I can’t stream directly to the perfectstream. I think I will continue using the Audirvāna to perfectwave route for listening and will stream Roon via the Nvidia Shield. The latter is not as good sonically but for ‘easy’ listening with ease of use controls and lyrics good enough for day tot day use. thanks again!

1 Like