Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

In TRACKS view for an album, I no longer see which tags I may have attached to individual tracks. How do I reconfigure this display to get that important functionality back?

EDIT: Here’s one of my use cases:
A frequent part of my workflow is that I’ll play through all the tracks in an album – sometimes just to enjoy a leisurely real-time play through the album, often while scanning through albums to categorize tracks for later play under other circumstances.

If something I like catches my ear, I’ll add a tag to help me find the cool tracks later – I might tag something as “cheerful” or “glitchy” or “dubsteppy” or “long-jammy” or “squonky” or “swinging” or “hurrying” or having male voices harmonizing. I also have a general tag for all tracks I find interesting enough in some way that I might want to play them in a future radio show (which is distinct from applying a heart to tracks one wants to hear come up more often at home).

Imagine, if you will, just how badly screwed I am when I find myself in an album view which gives absolutely no clue as to which tags are already applied to any of the tracks.

Sure, the main purpose of tags is to go from a tag to all the things tagged with it… but while doing tagging, you really really need to see what’s already tagged and with what tags, or every time you’re doing some auditioning and something grabs you, you have to go through the time-consuming and inconvenient motions of blindly tagging (possibly re-tagging) that thing – or go down the even longer path of doing a tag search to try to find the track you’re looking at in that tag’s track list – because you can’t see what’s already tagged.

My reaction to this is a mix of fury and despair. Please fix it.

14 Likes