Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Same here, after auto-update to 764, Roon fails to start on Windows 8.1, even after rebooting the system. Feels like a major BUG.

so it might be an issue on Windows (ā€¦ I guess)
my Roon core is a NUC running ROCK

Windows 8.1?? I donā€™t want to sound pedantic, but maybe time to update to 10??? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I totally agree.

A dramatic improvement in function

ā€¦interesting thing here

Very good idea!

Nice mention of artist.

:slight_smile:

Can you be more specific? Trying to find this feature with no luck.

Settings > General >

I am using Roon Remote1.8.00764 on my IPhone 12 running the latest version of iOS.

Simple question. It crashes after I had had the app open for about 15 seconds. It appears to be fully functional until it crashes,

Has anyone else reported this??

Not me, mine works well. Cheers, :grinning:

Try doing a hard restart on your iPhone. That has worked for others.

Many thanks. That seems to have fixed it!!

1 Like

Thanks - will give that a try

Tonight, IOS crashes is all I get - something new. Have done all the usual things, restart Roon, hard re-start iPad, logout, login - works for a few moments, then crashes again. NEVER had this issue under 1.7 - FWIW, 1.8 is rapidly becoming the most expensive barely functioning software I have. Played with the Focus feature tonight - the early reports of this having limited capability is borne out. Tried focusing on a particular decade, two or three genres, and got a single (ie. only 1) result. Of course, that took six efforts because it crashed between each focus selection. Still canā€™t get ā€˜new releases for meā€™ on my MacOS desktop - itā€™s been a bad day for Roon functionality.

2 Likes

Why didnā€™t people update when it was free, I have 4 win 10 licenses, never paid a penny , one was from Win 7 originally :face_with_monocle:

Iā€™m getting crashes on Android apps (Android 10 & 11, Sony Xperia 5 II, Xiaomi Mi A1). When the phone is sleeping, as soon as I wake it, the Roon app crashes. Also, crashes randomly when sleeping. Battery optimization is disabled but the app still crashing. Iā€™ve search it and seems to be a long and well known issue, still present in latest release.

New to Roon, still evaluating the trial period. Learn about Roon just a week ago and it was a revelation. But, these crashes are kind of a deal breaker. Hope will be fixed soon.

(And of course Iā€™m running the core on Synology with DSM 7. Hope for a release here too.)

It still is according to several articles:

And is still unusable rubbish according to some folk, including me. Why donā€™t people use Linux, itā€™s been free like, forever? :penguin: :wink:

2 Likes