Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Also found you cant filter by “tags” (I have a sh*t load of these) under the main page anymore. I have to now go to the side bar to select “tags” and do it from there. Not sure what the reason was for removing this function. It would be great to get it back

Edit…I’ve now found this under Focus

1 Like

Yes, I have seen it today. Just checked again. Unfortunatly soo far it only works for a handfull of mainstream artists like the Beatles, Bowie, The Stones etc. That’s probably why it never comes along in my case. All in all not very interesting at the moment, maybe it will get better in the future.

TVs have “demonstration mode” settings that make them look lurid and impressive in a shop, but which you turn off if you actually want to watch a movie at home. 1.8 is a bit like demonstration mode - huge great “Hi, Tim” (once would be enough, you don’t shout Hi to someone every minute), masses of wasted space and big splodges of colour that make text hard to read - great for a flashy demo, or sales promotion, but not really comfortable to live and work with. And 10 albums on an iPad Pro 10.5” isn’t enough.

4 Likes

The arrow next to the sort option will toggle between ascending and descending dates. It does on Android at least.

1 Like

I can see it on my iPad (7th gen).

On the Album view page (My Albums), I selected Focus, then View More in the the Release Date column.

Yes. For some time I though there is no icon at all. When I wanted to add one to the Windows bar then I realize that actually there is an icon there but so small that it looked like nothing.

I’m sure it will. If I understood from the documentation, it relies on the listening habits of the Roon users. So maybe the data mining for this specific feature is a process that is currently ongoing.

Ah ok thanks Geoff. My core is on a MacBook and it doesn’t appear there either which is curious. I’d expect the MacBook to have the full UI. I’m now hopeful it’s just a bug. If anyone can confirm they have the View More option under Release Date on apple devices it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

@Lee_James
It is there on my iPad

Dirk

Just rebooted my iPad. All good :blush:

Ok great, now just to figure why it’s not showing on mine… I wonder if adding albums from more decades would trigger the option to show. Will experiment. Thanks again

I don’t see a “View More” option under Release Date (using the Swedish edition on PC).

@Lee_James
Stupid question, but can you scroll your page up?

There is a workaround to this, although it’s not exactly making it your Homepage.

Go to Discover and then click the bookmark icon at the top of the page.
Then add Discover as a Bookmark, and hey presto, there you have Discover available whenever you want.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

That’s how every upgrade ever has happened.

2 Likes

“Roon is the worst of all music players, except for all the those others that have been tried”.

With apologies to Winston Churchill, I think that sums up my current feedback of 1.8

2 Likes

True. Yet it appears that the audience was more patient with the previous ones. Let’s give this one some time, as it’s bigger than many other upgrades, which means more issues and more getting used to.

1 Like

Tried scrolling but still doesn’t show… I’m trying to add an album from the 50s in case that gets it to appear (sounds crazy but you never know) but I can’t even get the 50s to show up. Even though I’ve added an elvis album.

Only moaning, and no specific, useful comments?

Please allow us to add AND remove tags from the same menu :frowning: