Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

I can play Tidal on build 748, but now cannot play Tidal on 756.

I have tried to reset all the hardware and software but with no luck.

Each day when I sit down for a bit of critical listening, I switch over the M Scaler to batter power. Afterwards, I disconnect it until the next morning when I pop it back on the normal power brick for headphone duty while working. Normally this is not a problem and Roon would remember the M Scaler.

With Roon 1.8… no, it shows up in the Audio section as if it has been setup but no longer shows when you select source. Restart Roon server and hey, there it is again. Not the end of the world but it is somewhat annoying!

Not minimizing anyone who’s having a different experience, but I LOVE 1.8.

It’s zippy (yes, I said it) and here’s a pic of what it looks like for me.

LOVE it.

Thanks to the team. Happy yearly subscriber.

(if you read this feedback, thanks again! Also, shoot me a link of how I can fix the web player. I have never been able to bring it up in any browser. I just get a black screen with Roon logo)

4 Likes

roon crashing with Open-GL Error

The “Allow more covers …” option doesn’t exist in 1.8.

2 Likes

with the update this morning, i can use my windows in my language again :slight_smile:
PC version shows settings again.

A big Thank You to the roon team for this quick fixing!

3 Likes

Thumbs up for version 1.8
I love the looks and the new feel.
Dont want to repeat things which need to be fixed or improved.
One thing I didnt read yet:
I would like to have the listening stats on page one as option. I dont like to see that everytime I start Roon. Stats I need at work. Not here please!

Keep up the good work Team Roon.
Thanks a lot to everybody involved in version 1.8.

9 Likes

Still not stable after 756! Roon, stop releasing major crap upgrade that dont work!

Discover is great for random inspiration if you are not sure what to play. We don’t need Lists at all. That’s so old school in my view… Just jump into recommended for you as well. This morning I was listening to Hamilton Bohanan after browsing Marvin Gaye… How random is that…

Stable here… Just saying…

2 Likes

@nexsky Not stable doesn’t describe your issues, can you elaborate?
I take it you have updated Rock, Mac/PC, iOS where appropriate?

Thanks to the new update (756) everything seems to be working. Still testing the system. (Previous problem with the Italian language).

@Chrislayeruk Likewise

1 Like

I miss quick access to “Discover” it is there but you have to scroll a mile. So not exactly quick.
A quick link in the sidebar menu to Discover would be pretty easy to implement and give users a quicker way of navigation.
I didn’t read all the posts, but I cant be the only one who used this on a daily basis.

3 Likes

I have already posted a couple of times, saying I’m happy and have had a really minor issue, which I resolved myself but I do have a question.
My personal taste, but I dislike the colour purple, that said I’m not going to have a hissy fit because it appears as a prevalent colour scheme in 1.8, can I ask why that colour was chosen above others?
Is there a real solid functional reason, or is it as simple as hereditarily purple has been seen as an Imperial colour?

1 Like

Today it is back to normal!

1 Like

I see that now. But it doesn apply to my Iphone. My Iphone is my number one remote controll for ROON. This setting need to apply for the Iphone to.

There is way too much wasted space. Here is my “My Albums” screen on an iPad Pro 10.5”. . For a start, I know they are my albums, there’s no need to tell me in such a huge font. Second, since they are indeed my albums, I would actually like to see them. But the space wasted at the top means I only get to see 5 album covers, and about a third of five others before I need to scroll. What happened to the option to see more? Why can’t I pinch to zoom?

19 Likes

Oh god, and how long every library action takes now! Saving album information after editing, opening playlist (just 10 tracks) and so on. Every time I have to wait, wait and wait. Listening to music with Roon is not a pleasure anymore. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

The differences between 1.7 and 1.8 aren’t that big - in my opinion. I don’t think the new version takes a lot of getting used to. Generally speaking, I really like the new (more magazine-like) look - with the exception of the huge empty screen space on some pages (e.g. “My Albums” or “My Artists”) and the way Roon resizes and crops some of my artist pictures. The bug with the unnecessary line breaks in some album titles (see above) seems like an easy-to-fix bug. So all in all, my first impressions after 24 hours are more positive than negative…

8 Likes