Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

You can set that as you wish is settings

Thanks. Looked at that several times. Toggled the Play slider on and off. Still shuffles the album order. Weird.

check your Queue, you can turn on Shuffle when you PLAY, also you can turn on Shuffle in the Queue, which sometimes people do and forget about it

1 Like

Ah, yes, thanks. It’s the crossed arrows in the queue that needed toggling off. Thought I had all of this stuff figured out in 1.7!

right! why persevere on an “aristocratic, elitarian roon-ines”: let’s make it look like every other player
and whilst at it… let’s use more space to give less information

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

You got me thinking about replacing roon sub to qobuz sub :thinking:

I’m doing the very same!

And you are more than welcome to… but don’t quote me and my feedback.

Yeah the devs have totally missed the point of the x in the box and are using it to close the search input box instead of it’s use in all other programs and websites.

I don’t how to open tickets.

Your just not getting the design, the space gives the music an airy sound which is why people think it sounds different, If everything was closer together the music would sound tighter, you need to give it room the breath. :grinning:

2 Likes

You jest, but there may be a lot of truth in what you say :joy:

With 1.7, the navigation bar / progress bar already interfered with th then new iPadOS app switcher bar occasionally but with 1.8, the bar is right underneath the app switcher bar. Now, I cannot drag the slider without inadvertently switching away from Roon to another app.

Easy fix: swap buttons and bar positions so the bar is higher up.

Add images

EDIT 24-02-2021

Two updates later and this is not addressed. What’s more - no one else seems to worry about it. Is everyone on Android tablets or older (home-button) Apple tablets? @mike @danny - Are you aware of this issue?

1 Like

BUG - iPad OS latest version 14.4, 2019 iPad Pro 11 inch model MTXN2LL/A

Scrolling vertically through the tracks inside playlists on iPadOS, as well as on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, does not reliably track finger movement. A quick swipe works (albeit a little slower more delayed than in 1.7) and reversing direction usually works, but only once. Changing direction a third time while retaining finger touch causes the app to lose sync with the finger and leaves it scrolling on in the previous direction. Also, when scrolling by repeatedly by pushing up the list while lifting the finger inbeteween and tapping when a pause is desired, the app frequently misses the “hold it” tap, making the list scroll past the intended point.

Update: this is still the case with the latest Roon incarnation version 1.8 build 764.

2 Likes

The overlapping cover art on the now playing screen looks nice with artist photos but is a hindrance with the text pages as it effectively obstructs the bottom 3 rows of text.

1 Like

Good point. Yes it could be moved a but up.

Settings > General > Customize album display > Show album format

Please vote. So far the majority like Roon.

1 Like

Given unpredictable lengths of text, even better would be to move the album cover down. There’s only empty space below.

When you edit credits and an artist does not exist, you already typed the artist and then have to click Add Artist. A new box comes up with artist name. In 1.7 the box was already filled with the text you typed already. In 1.8 it is empty, so you have to type it again. (Or have copied it at the first time you typed it). Clearly a bug.

My greatest hope was that credit editing would be improved, unfortunately it has the same issues as 1.7, plus the above additional one. Entering lots of credits is still pretty painful, if one artist has ten roles you still have to enter them ten times by name. And I still don’t get why frequently it shows me that an artist was not found, but after I enter it and search for the artist name, it turns out it does exist - often several versions of it in the Roon metadata. Sometimes I manage to merge them and sometimes it just won’t let me.

1 Like