Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

No problem at all. you can scroll up.

Updated my core (Primemini 4, i7), updated Remotes: iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPad (2018).

Had no problems, working like a charm.
Great software, of course there are points to be considered; but in my use-case (own library+Tidal) and my listening-habits itā€™s just perfect to discover music and: just listen to the music. Thatā€™s the point: listen to music and enjoy.

A pleasure with Roon. Thank you for your work.

4 Likes

The problem is with repeated movements.

I dont get it.

Roon is positioning itself for managing large libraries. If I just wanted to listen to Tidal/Qobuz content, the Naim app would be just fine

1 Like

Whilst playing, should it show me which track in the list is playing by having a little animated spectrum analyser? Pretty sure I saw it before or maybe on a different bit of software.

Despite all the hate on this topic, I quite love this rlz. I stopped adding new local album to my library few years ago and itā€™s now an exception to the rule (i.e, using streaming apps).

1.8 is way better handling this mix and showcasing albums and discovery from streaming partners. It has room for improvements but overall Iā€™m quite content with it.

The few stuff I saw :

• Focus isnā€™t integrated properly on all the pages > Compositions for example
  • When the roon servers are too slow, it should be indicated on the screens because a lot of informations are missing and we just donā€™t know why. We can simply ā€˜guessā€™ that itā€™s coming from roon servers issues.
  • I would like to be able to rate albums without adding it to my library. Why add an album that I hate? But I find the information interesting anyway.
  • The new classical music research feature still seem bugged. It needs improvement but itā€™s really, really cool. Itā€™s like a feature I always thought about but never believed would become available somewhere. I like classical music but basically know nothing about. Itā€™s like a dream feature to discover new stuff.
1 Like

Sorry, was responding to the wrong post.

Back on track: Yes, of course you can scroll up. But why obscure more text than necessary? It just does not make sense from a design perspective.

It already exist:

It doesnā€™t. The software adapt to your resolution. Itā€™s probably too small on your device or you resized the app windows. I donā€™t see how to keep the effect and adapt to resolution without this behavior. Since you just have to scroll, it already adapt to any situation, I guess.

Have a look at my screenshot, Iā€™ve not got it???

Edit: Iā€™m on MacOS btw.

You either changed the album version youā€™re looking at or went back and forth on the software. Itā€™s probably a bug or an intended behavior that it doesnā€™t show on a different version.

If you donā€™t have it at all, itā€™s a bug I donā€™t have. But the feature exist :wink:

track thatā€™s playing (Four Tet) is not in your screenshot
try scrolling to it :wink:

Yes, of course! Because Iā€™m able in a easy and entertaining manner to find and/or discover music in my library, I have more than enough time to listen to music.

For me, ipad 3 mini has both arrows. On the adroid phone I only have one backwards.

This is OK in iPad. Sure it will be fixed soon.

Four Tet is the artist, Calamine is the track.

then youā€™re looking in a different album
Iā€™m on macOS too, trust me: itā€™s still there :wink:

Canā€™t find album with that track

Edit. Found it.

Thatā€™s strange, itā€™s on Tidal. Something strange is going on, although Iā€™m fairly new to Roon so I could be getting confused.