Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

I’m glad you’re enjoying Roon 1.8.

Just curious. May I ask what kind device you’re using to control it? Phone, tablet, desktop?

Thanks.

Roon 1.8.00756 running on Nucleus and Mac controller.
Nucleus uptime is 1 day.

Suddenly in focus all the details like genres etc just disappeared on the Mac controller.

Whatever I try cannot get them back.
Strange.
On the iPad controller the Album Focus details are still there.
So it is probably not the Roon Server software on the Nucleus.

Restarting Mac Roon controller software.

Focus details are back on the Mac.

Yes, no smooth scrolling as it is normally the case in iOS on my iPad mini 5th gen.

2 Likes

The “spectrum analyser” is missing because you are still playing the Tidal/Qobuz album, and not the new object in your library, even though the album view has now been set to the library object, enabling editing, hearting, tagging etc.

If you stop the playing, and start playing the library version, you will see the dancing icon.

Yes, but I think it is the normal use case that you add an album to the library while listening it. In 1.7 the spectrum analyzer did not stop. Now I have to go to the queue, delete the reminder tracks and add them back again. They still come from Qobuz, same tracks streamed. When this is a feature, great! IT IS A BUG!

Because the album view did not change; you were still looking at the streaming version.

Well, I suspect Roon will say it’s working as designed. But I agree it’s different behaviour.

1 Like

This is THE critical lesson Roon needs to learn.

6 Likes

the crashes went magically away with iOS 14.4 and Roon 1.8 build 756 now over the weekend…

Bit of a bug on Android phone. When using focus to set year of production you can’t scroll the screen which means you’re options top out at about 1940. The screen only works vertically too which restricts it more

We do not need any “workarounds” for the 5000 limit - we need a fix of this error by Roon. I’m just about to exceed the 5000 limit in my music collection, but random play of this collection is the most thing I do.

Sorry Suedkiez,
you are right if we are talking about view from the Focus, but in the overview the quality is not shown anymore. Before it has been in the lower left corner:

In the “small” overview about the last acitvities it is integrated:

I did not mean Focus. Maybe I am looking at a different place than you (what is “the overview”)? but this is my albums overview:

And in Home:

Its pretty normal to think a bug that bothers one-self is the most important thing in the world. Hard to believe that there are probably 1000s of users who never ever use shuffle and would never even notice this bug exists but are bothered by a douzen other bugs which those „shufflers“ will not notice…

Just saying. I‘m sure they‘ll put some priority list together for the next bug fix release. There‘s plenty to be fixed.

This is a known bug, and Roon knows about it. I don’t have Chromecast, but a couple of my endpoints drop out occasionally, requiring reboot. It always seems to be the same ones.

1 Like

I can define the default play “Play Now” actions for Artist, Album, Track, etc in settings.
I use “Play Now” as the default action for Artists, which brings up a play selection of the Artist’s music across my library and Qobuz.
When i use “Play Now” for the Valence generated Genre’s it starts as a shuffle, which limits it to just what is in my Library.
I would like the ability to define the Play Action for these so my default is playing across my library and Qobuz, just like it does for an artist.

Thanks. Is this an older bug I’m only just noticing or has it been introduced in 1.8?

It seems to be new to 1.8. I don’t recall it as a problem in 1.7.

1 Like

Look to the screenshot And in Home…

if you click now “MORE” the quality information disappears. This is my issue.

I’m not happy with the way the lyrics are displayed on Roon 1.8.
There is only one (small) window, full screen mode is no longer possible. The lyrics icon in the control bar is no longer there either.
What’s more serious is that I can only scroll through the lyrics manually, the auto-scrolling was a nice, practical feature.

3 Likes

Aha! In Home > More I don’t see it either. Another weird thing and possible bug … :slight_smile: