Roon 1.8 (Build 880) Positive Feedback Thread

Every thing works fine, I love it

1 Like

Roon Core on Odroid H2, RoonBridge on a bunch of RPI3ā€™s , Roon Remote on a Mac + the iPhone app. All worked fine.

Not to drift off-topic, but ā€¦ Sunna Gunnlaugs.

Sound Signature has been changed for better in my audio plant too.

2 Likes

All good for me on 880 and I am loving the new features, especially Search.

My Nucleus+ updated without any issue. My library is almost 90K tracks, about 90% local files on the Nucleus+ and 10% from Tidal. The remotes on my Mac, iPhone and iPad are working fine. No issues on the end points, which include one ultraRendu/BrooklynDAC+ and eight Sonos units.

I agree. the easiest update thus far. Since my core is wireless to my internet, Iā€™ve always had some intermittent connectivity issues. So far, this update seems to have dramatically improved this issue.

2 Likes

Sorry to report guys, (actually Iā€™m not all that sorry,) that my upgrade was effortless. A couple of guys offered empathy but I turned them down.

I just queued up about an hour of christmas music and itā€™s great!. No dropouts, no skips, no flaky SQ, multiple room support, lyric support; it goes on and on.

Merry Christmas Everybody!! Hope everyone becomes familiar with the Usersā€™ Manual hereonout.

3 Likes

Nucleus Rev B: Streaming to 1 Lumin and 6 sonos end points. No problem to report.

Well yes, but some posters have reported problems while managing to remain perfectly civil, and have been responded to with a smug ā€œI havenā€™t had any problems at allā€, which isnā€™t exactly helpfulā€¦

4 Likes

Updated flawlessly on my i9 Sonic Transporter. Running fine over here.

No issues at all with 880 or 882 running on my Synology NAS. Multiple Sonosā€™ endpoints all good too.

@Sonos users, did you notice that the last firmware update now will handle 24bit audio from Roon?
Works like a champ.

Steve the previous version of Roon introduced the S2 support and itā€™s been very nice to have it working reliabily.

Updated flawlessly on my Win11 server (core) and various endpoints: win10, Win 11, RPI3, Rpi4, ipad, android.

Yep, itā€™s been there since 1.8 launched I think. I have to say that while I can certainly say that I believe I can often distinguish between CD quality and 192/24 on my best headphones rig and my main system (Iā€™m not saying I can just that I think I can), I donā€™t think any of the Sonos gear is resolving enough to tell the difference between CD quality and 24 bit. Itā€™s nice to know the bits are flowing, and to be honest this is the biggest amount of ā€œtranscoding workā€ that my ROCK ever has to do (downscaling 192/24 to 48/24) and it doesnā€™t really make a difference as far as I can tell. I still love my Roon for all the other use cases though :slight_smile:

Thanks for working on the streaming optimizations. Hoping it helps me use wifi in my configuration a bit more effectively.

Cheers!

1 Like

After some database issues that were resolved by following the detailed instructions provided by the Roon staff version 1.8 build 880 and now build 882 are working flawlessly on my Windows 10 Roon core.

I have a very large library with over 57K local albums and about 4200 Qobuz/Tidal albums. I also have about a dozen Roon capable endpoints throughout my home and I play music over 12 hours a day. I use Ethernet whenever and wherever I can and Roon streams flawlessly. However Roon does stream very nicely to the wireless endpoints as well.

Havenā€™t noticed much of difference when using search nor will I be using Valence Art Director feature all that much since I donā€™t really care about all those pretty pictures.

Now if Roon would just improve the ā€œfilterā€ search I would be very happy. Maybe later this year?

No issues for me. A small but appreciated refinement is the new format for device settings, volume limits and standby time which are now much more accessible.

Great job from my viewpoint and continue to enjoy learning more options and exploring new musical territories.

1 Like

Updates to 880 and 882 went as expected. Ran a backup on 882 with no problems so I guess I dodged the corruption issue.

Everything working as expected.

Updates went flawless.
Core on Ubuntu 20.04 server, 2 Ropieee endpoints and 2 Android phones. And a NAD/BluOs receiver also still working OK.

My positive feedback is it works for Audio, which is the main thing, for my system (NUC-NADM10, Ropiee on various other devices) iPhone and MACBook Pro are good. Some images are just pants and frustratingly not appearing, some are, therefore an intermittent fault. I have read plenty of posts explaining various experiences far worse.

Hereā€™s my dilema.

A few drinks and a good meal. Sat with the dogs. Just modified my Dirac and enjoying Pavaroti, Rush, Steve Hackett/Djabe. In the zone. Relaxed.

ROON MESSAGE

YOU HAVE AN UPDATE.

My Dilemma. ā€œTo update or not to update, that is the question: whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The posts and replies of outrageous Fortune, Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles, And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep No more; and by a sleep To say we end the Heart-Ache, and the thousand Natural shocks that Flesh is heir to?'Tis a conformation Devoutly to be wished. To die to sleep, To sleep, perchance to dream; Aye, thereā€™s the rub.ā€

Decision: Sleep and dream, and if die, die smiling. :wink:

6 Likes

All good here too thank you Roon team. ROCK, Android and Windows 10 upgraded smoothly with no issues.

2 Likes