We have a new release going live today full of improvements to search, backup, localization, and more, along with a number of stability improvements and performance enhancements.
We’ve seen how much effort Roon users have put into Art Director, and as the pool of available artist images improve, work continues to ensure they look their best in Roon. We have a number of performance improvements and changes included in this release, and more on the way.
We’ve also done extensive investigation into some recent playback issues with TIDAL content. While the issue appears to be related to Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) outside of Roon’s infrastructure, we believe our strategy for mitigating this issue should make playback significantly more stable for affected customers.
With a number of projects in the pipeline, both big and small, we’re looking forward to 2022 being the best year yet for Roon!
The Team At Roon Labs
Roon Build 898 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS, and Linux.
Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon.
There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time. All platforms and apps should update automatically.
- Library Search Improvements:
- Improved understanding of pluralization and suffixes
- Improved results for composer, compositions, and tracks
- Better handling german umlauts
- Resolved outdated autocomplete results on mobile
- Memory optimizations
- Fixed spurious server connection errors
- Localization Improvements
- Improved text shaping to respect language-specific glyph variants for users of Traditional/Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Added “beta” support for Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese localizations
- Crashes resolved:
- Exporting local tracks from a playlist
- Entering searches in Support popup on MacOS and iOS
- Selecting genres in “What you’ve been listening to” section on Home
- Clicking Similar Artists in some cases
- Album Details
- Resolved alignment issues for track row hover state
- Fixed color of the ‘adding album’’ spinner in dark theme
- Removed text formatting issue before square bracket in album reviews
- Imagery improvements:
- Improved image loading performance
- Improved color selection for Artist page header
- Introduced a change to mitigate TIDAL playback problems caused by inaccurate data sent by CDNs
- Optimized backups to reduce memory consumption
- Implemented full screen mode for Web Display in Safari on iOS devices
- Resolved overflow of sidebar icons on mobile
- Fixed issue causing album art to display as grey square
- Qobuz streaming quality settings are preserved on restart
- Animated Now playing indicator is displayed on playlist details
- Improved text treatment on Now Playing
- Fixed issues selecting all tracks on Daily Mix details screen
- Fixed broken avatars for artists without photos in the “Members of” section on Artist details