The team has been hard at work, not just improving Roon but also refining how (and when) we deliver performance improvements and bug fixes to Roon users! With lots of exciting new features and functionality in the pipeline, we’re also planning to ship bug fixes and other enhancements in smaller releases once or twice a month.
For this week’s release we have a number of improvements going live driven by feedback from the Community. We’ve been paying close attention to comments regarding scrolling behavior on iOS and we’re pleased to include the first round of changes in this week’s release. Expect ongoing improvements as we continue to improve Roon’s scrolling experience.
We’ve improved search to deliver more accurate results, and have made improvements to Roon’s streaming infrastructure to reduce skipping and other playback issues.
Roon’s understanding of “recordings” has been overhauled. These changes help Valence do a better job matching recommendations to content in your library when selecting tracks for Radio, Daily Mixes, and elsewhere.
Other improvements in this release address playback issues with some BBC stations, problems with DNS traffic originating from Linux Cores, confusion about TIDAL Free accounts, duplicate Chromecast displays, and issues with backups.
The full list of changes is below. Thanks everyone!
- The Team at Roon Labs
Roon Build 903 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS, and Linux. There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time.
Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon.
All platforms and apps should update automatically. You can confirm you’re running Build 903 by checking the About section of Preferences.
- Overhauled scrolling performance on iOS and other platforms
- Further improvements to buffering/caching/fetching infrastructure for streaming media playback
- Valence: Improved understanding of “recordings” matches tracks recommendation to your library more often in Radio, Mixes, and elsewhere
- More relevant track results
- Improved “Top Results”, especially when searching for artists
- Better album results, with additional prioritization for artists and performers across popular and classical music
- Fixed excessive DNS traffic on Linux platforms
- Clearer error messaging when TIDAL Free accounts are used
- Fixed random stoppage of certain BBC stations
- Resolved an issue where the Original Release Date wouldn’t be shown or used in Playlists and other track views
- Fixed failed restore of backups due to nested folders
- Fixed scroll position being shared across all “Playlists by Roon”
- Fixed clipped Signal Path descriptions
- Resolved duplicate Displays bug
- Resolved an issue where Focus ‘View More’ tab would close immediately after selecting an item