We are continuing to focus on improving the overall Roon user experience through stability improvements and performance enhancements. This week’s release corrects a number of long-standing bugs which, all together, have had a wide-ranging impact across our entire user base.
In addition to our ongoing stability improvements, we are also pleased to release a number of enhancements to Roon’s search mechanism which will have a direct impact on the quality of instant search results. We have also made a number of changes throughout Roon’s search infrastructure which should result in performance gains for all search queries.
As always we thank you for your continued support.
-The Team at Roon Labs
Roon Build 931 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS, and Linux.
Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon.
There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
- Updated the Settings → About page
- Ongoing search improvements:
- Continue to improve the quality of instant search results
- Continue to improve search performance
- Resolved an issue in which certain playback operations would take an unreasonable amount of time to start
- Resolved an issue where artist image won’t fully expand while in full screen mode
- Resolved several issues which could cause a crash on iOS after resuming from sleep/disconnect
- Resolved an issue with UI components flickering during scroll on certain Android devices
- Resolved inability to play 2ch DSD files on certain exaSound DACs
- Resolved a number of issues related to Roon API instability and possible extension issues
- Resolved a crash that could occur during DeviceDB refresh
- Resolved a crash on Windows which could happen while interacting with the application window when on the Now Playing screen
- Resolved an internet radio issue where a port number on an HLS stream could prevent a station from being added to the library
- Resolved an issue causing potential inability to access file shares on Windows systems
- Resolved a crash that could appear when viewing sample rate/format options in Focus
- Resolved an issue with the inactive ‘IP address / Hostname’ input field on the core selection page
- Fixed places where UI wasn’t tolerating screen width on iPad mini 6
- Fixed some typos
- Additional bug fixes and stability improvements