Roon 1.8 is gorgeous! Thank you!

I also find 1.8 a huge improvement over 1.7. I’m very happy with the release. I see that there are a number of people who have complained bitterly and think 1.8 is a complete failure. I suppose it’s different strokes for different folks.

I’m sure I’m imagining this but I think the sound quality of 1.8 is superior to the old 1.7. Is this possible? Has anyone else noticed or perceived any difference - improvement in sound quality. I use NAD Master Series Preamp with BluOS module and Power Amp (M22 V2) and Focal Aria 948 speakers. Maybe the improvement is all in my mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

And again… let’s keep this thread for positive comments and new features found - like the portrait mode on the iPad… epic, who knew that!!!

So naysayers, please, you will find endless threads where you and your buddies can moan and gripe with I am sure very good reason - for the rest of us let’s make this thread huge so Roon can see those with the loudest voices of dissent are not always the majority (as if they didn’t know that already!) :sunglasses:

I’m not a fanboy of anything, never have been, not my style, but giving credit where it is due is important, being appreciative is important. Roon is made by people, actual people, so thanks Roon people and well done!

2 Likes

Yes @anon8060941 of course the sound quality is better - we don’t just listen with our ears!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

An outstanding update😀

1 Like

Are you guys blind? The “new” UI is butt ugly. Ugh !

3 Likes

Petri

This just shows the difficulty Roon, and any software developer faces. You hate the look, I love it. Roon can’t win can they?!

Phil

1 Like

I can only agree with the iOS and Android update, 1.8 is definitely an improvement in both of those aspects, windows I could call it a slight improvement but macOS it doesn’t feel like a Mac app anymore, it feels (as I said in another thread) like a made for windows 10 application on a Mac.

1 Like

As per my previous post, 1.8 looks great. I’m sure I’ll find some things I’m not so keen on as I deleve deeper, but so far so good.

It’s also a gamechanger with my Fire HD8 - before Roon was unusuable on it, too difficult to read etc. Now it looks fabulous in both portrait and ladscape mode. Basically it’s saved me the cost of getting a new tablet, which was on the cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl: I may not entirely agree with every design aspect but that was funny

2 Likes

yes finall portrait view on iPad - that is great. Also like the general look - still exploring.
Just one thing I really do not like - that is the credits. Please give us the option to choose the old view.
It looks like a bad comic.
In classical where there are so many portraits missing, it is just all these huge dots.

2 Likes

Love it!! Beautiful look, great functionality, effortless update … couldn’t be happier. Well done to all involved - no doubt many extremely long hours of work involved. Terrific success. Just need to get my end point sorted to make the most of it now!

1 Like

Great work Roon Team and thx for this nice update. In time ROON 1.8 wil work only better. Realy nice graphics en a nice workaround. Keep up the good work :grinning:

1 Like

I’m enjoying 1.8, I really like it. Thanks Roon Team!

1 Like

Why does it feel like windows? I’m on a mac too and did not feel that at all.

Absolutely - a great revision of the UI and functionality which enhances its Information Systems credentials.
I also like the colour scheme :wink:

The term is “disabled”. Be nice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you roon team for the great update. I love the new UI.

1 Like

I tried the Roon 1.8 today and found no issues by now. The UI looks better to me than before and the music is playing, so I don’t see anything to complain by now. Great work from my side of view and thanks that I got lost of the horizontal scrolling on my PC. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the update, the interface is cleaner and better.
I never thought I would like vertical strolling, but it feels indeed more natural. So thanks for implementing that! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread for those of us who want to post some positive comments. In short I really, really like 1.8. I agree with others that it is fast, very elegant, easier to navigate than 1.7 and is a joy to use. I am loving the new composer pages in particular and the way they lead me to my own albums that I have forgotten, and quick links to all the Qobuz and library recordings of specific works - nice. I also like the new focus and the fact that it now uses the AND operator to join criteria so I can get really specific.

I’m sure I’ll come across a few wrinkles along the way, but first, second, third impressions - I love it. Thanks, Roon team and well done!

1 Like