Roon 1.8 issues with connecting to DAC

Since installing 1.8 Roon does not see my DAC and will not connect to it without having to restart/reboot my core.

When I click on the audio source button on the play bar my DAC is not listed. When I access audio on the side bar I can see my DAC and the settings but I am unable to connect to it.

This is a serious problem as I have a large library and do not want to have to reset my Core every time I listen to music.

Any thoughts or solutions?

2 Likes

What DAC is that and how is it connected to the network aka the Core.
If you want to get help, you need to give.

I am using a USB connection running from my Core directly into my Luxman SACD D-06U. It worked perfectly with 1.7 and now only a reset or reboot of Core will permit a connection.

Windows, Mac, linux, Rock on a Nucleus … something else?

Core is on a Rhein Silent Angel Z1 V2. It’s running on VitOS operating software.

I’m having the same issue with my USB DAC after updating to 1.8. Just posted about it here: Need to Restart Core to Detect USB DAC

1 Like

@support another same as mine issue!

2 Likes

Sam issue here. I’m on MacOs Big Sur with a USB DAC. Core is on a qnap NAS.

Apologies for the trouble! We’re working on a solution to this and will keep everyone updated here:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.