Roon 1.8 Where can I see Recommendations

Aha! I see the Selected discography and Recommended Albums now shown just below an album’s track listing. Awesome! And amazing that you’ve been able to get it resolved so quickly. No doubt that this is Roon’s biggest and likely most significant release.

Where is the long promised working version of Tidal Top Tracks???

From Tidal app

From (free) Lumin app

From Roon 1.8

Even the cheap USB Audio Player Pro gets it right.

It’s been asked several times… And crickets.

3 Likes

THIS

Seriously this is such a basic feature that seemingly everything else does correctly and yet it’s missing from roon. I was really hoping 1.8 would address this.

Its been over a YEAR with no response from roon on this

4 Likes

There should be popular tracks at the top of the overview tab for most artists – is that what you’re looking for?

No… We are looking for Tidal Top Tracks…

The “popular” tracks offered by Roon have been for the most part irrelevant. If you look at my post above… You can see the Tidal Top Tracks in two other apps match perfectly to what Tidal offers… Not so much with Roon. Tidal Top Tracks offers most played tracks via their service. This is great for music discovery. Roon usually list songs that are far from popular… usually unheard of.

I’m sorry if I have a tone… but you act like this has never been mentioned or brought up before… It’s been a problem for years.

You said in April of 2020 that this feature was said to be fixed by the end of 2020…

As well as an older an longer conversation here…

Ugh…

Thanks for getting back to us.

2 Likes

As the user above mentioned the roon ‘popular’ suggestions differ hugely from tidal (or other service) top tracks.

This has been asked for for a LONG time. The last response we got from roon was a year ago in this thread: Have option to always show "Top Tracks"

There are countless new users who are somewhat gobsmacked that roon lacks such a basic feature.
We really appreciate all the work that goes into roon metadata, suggestions etc, but this is one instance where we simply need a list of top tracks as ‘voted’ (played) by the largest number of people. Ie: Pull from tidal or billboard as every other app does.

It wouldn’t be an issue if roon’s “popular” suggestions roughly lined up with tidal/spotify/qobuz/billboard’s top tracks listings, but it usually does not. As shown in the screenshots above.

Even just having a setting/toggle to feed “popular” from either roon data or tidal instead would sort this.
Please please please please please add this, so many users are crying out for this and it’s been met with silence.

3 Likes

This definitely is a show stopper for many users. This was very often when my family members were using Roon or friends coming over and complained about the same.

This is definitely today a very basic requirement that Roon should finally address quickly.
@danny Or is there a problem we are not aware regarding implementation?

2 Likes

Preach brothers and sisters!

Roon please please listen to us customers. We have been asking for this for years!

This is exactly what I have been asking for. This has to be possible, roon already connects to tidal and gets data from allmusic. If you guys are trying to push music discovery your way great but please have an option to either show “top tracks” from tidal additionally to popular or have a toggle for popular source(roon or tidal).

Please guys give us some confirmation this will be fixed. I stayed as a subscriber, and not lifetime, because you guys said it was the more sustainable model for you so I helped. Help us back, I’ll have no choice be not renew if we can’t get top tracks

1 Like

That must be awkward lol "And how much do you pay for this? And you still have to pay for Tidal? And you have to use both at the same time?..

2 Likes

Yes being a lifetime Roon member and Tidal Premium I really thought this would be finally become available in 1.8

This for a reason is integrated into Spotify, Tidal etc. and part of the basic discovery requirement for users („oh this is a nice artist, show me the most successful/known songs“).

1 Like

I am finding the “picks” check mark is a good work around right now. From what I’m seeing they are the highlights from allmusic, not exactly top tracks. But for whatever reason roon only shows the picks sort option on albums not recordings in the discography tab?! So you still can’t sort all recordings by “picks” you’d have to go into the album and then you can show only the picks.

But I do really like the picks check mark. I originally thought it was roon picking what I would like and was super impressed with it. But now I know it’s just from Allmusic and roon, not as impressive.

I really thought so too, like how was this overlooked again?

Right now I can’t even add an album to my library so i can :heart: a song, popped up that it added to library but it’s just spinning and not :heart: icons

1 Like

Either they just don’t care…

Or they/you @mike are flat out lying to us.

Maybe both.

1 Like

The more I think about your response…

The more disgusted I get. @mike are you deliberately disrespecting your paying customers? Your question comes across as both patronizing and condescending.

What say you?

1 Like

Hey Roon team I was a bit harsh before the popular tracks for some artists isn’t far off and even showed me a new song I haven’t heard!

Thanks for all your hard work guy! Let’s get some options for top tracks/popular.

Picks are helpful. They only seem to apply to tracks in your library though - so if I check out a new artist, there’s no way for me to filter the Pick tracks besides adding all their albums. Which defeats the purpose of Focus being available everywhere, but whatever :slight_smile:

Additionally, Pick seems to no longer be an available filter for albums in our libraries anymore.

I guess @mike is done talking about the problem… Maybe @danny would care to chime in?

Roon uses it’s own Popular Tracks derived from Roon’s user base listening. During 1.7, Roon’s own Popular Tracks for Artists was broken for some users and Dylan indicated that the overhaul would include a fix for that issue. It did. If you are not seeing Popular Tracks for an artist please post a support thread with screen pics.

Otherwise, what you are asking about has always been a Feature Request and still is.

Hey! It’s me – everyone’s favorite condescending, patronizing, disrespectful liar!

I think last week when people weren’t seeing our Popular Tracks feature at the top of the artist page it was due to some server issues. As far as I know, this problem has been resolved but as @Rugby said if you’re not seeing that on a given artist you can get in touch with the support team and they’ll look into it for you.

To be clear, we’ve had many questions about the “Top Tracks” feature in Roon 1.7 not showing up for all artists. The new and updated version of this feature should consistently show up for any artist we have a reasonable amount of data for.

We’ve heard some feedback about the lists, and I generally agree – in some cases our lists are solid but there are definitely artists we need to improve on, and I can tell you the team has already been working on a first round of changes.

And if they’re still not great, we’ll do another round or three until they are – feedback and examples of what you’re expecting to see help a lot. But we don’t have any plans to replace our recommendations with TIDAL’s or anyone else’s.

For example – if you look at their Miles Davis list you’d think Kind Of Blue was the only album he ever released, but we know Roon users are much more discerning than that. The recommendations will improve, but feedback and specific examples accelerate that process, so please keep them coming.

8 Likes

Well at the end it’s just about the results! There is no need to integrate those popular songs listed by Tidal, Spotify erc - but the experience so far unfortunately is that on most artists I am missing out essential songs. And that is the sad thing that definitely shouldn’t happen.