Roon 1.9 and Negativity

I fully agree.

In my opinion, it would be a horrible mistake and a huge amount of work to be wasted. Let the team fix the reported bugs and restore some schematics from version 1.7 and it will be great.

1 Like

@PFBTG I’m with you. I’ve had a trial-periode in 2020 and didn’t like it enough to stay with Roon. I was offered a partner-trial period which started recently and I must say 1.8 is very nice. I’m all in now. The look and feel is much better then in previous versions. My compliments to the roon-team. You’ve done a great job. Keep up the good work!

8 Likes

It would be good if Roon’s team would refer to the situation and set out some plans for the future. Silence for now.

Just an additional observation prompted by your post and some of the replies.

I find the tone used by some of the 1.8 detractors, and more generally, by some other members reporting issues with Roon, to be totally unacceptable and just downright rude.

I couldn’t imagine anyone adopting tone or language like that in a face to face interaction (unless a masochistic smack in the mouth was the desired outcome), so why do some feel it’s acceptable to behave in this way on a community forum?

“Good manners cost nothing”

60 Likes

Folks are tinkering away… (at their own risk):

I’ve had a lot of run ins with the Font Police over the decades …

When software companies get specific and accurate criticism it’s very worthwhile. The ranting broad complaints are the absolute opposite and do nothing of benefit for anyone.

I’m guessing this board is called a community because the majority see Roon as something they’re participating in … providing some finance for the benefits it brings and offering appropriate criticisms and ideas.

1.8 hasn’t abducted any of my children or frighten the dog so I’m just as positive as the OP :wink:

3 Likes

If they will not move forward with the current, I’ll be thoroughly disappointed. It’s been working great for me so far!

Are there any facts to this statement?

the fact of sarcasm :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

My goodness - an adult post with adult language. Thank you @PFBTG !

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree - love the UI and I have also discovered more music than before.
Well, it’s not magical…just easier to access. Plus…you gotta love that purple, especially as it seems to wind up so many people :rofl:

4 Likes

Well said.
Still, Roon labs knows this: ‘OK, everybody behind the settees until the dust settles…then we can get back to work’.

1 Like

Does it need any?

Yes, definitely with you, and I’m more than happy with 1.8.

As I’ve posted elsewhere, the new Focus everywhere is excellent, and having the Discover tab a bit less prominent makes sense (it’s not that useful), and in the end in the few days I’ve been using it, discovery of new music has been so much better to my mind.

I’m sure that there are those with highly specific, complex workflows who’ve been a bit disrupted by the new software, and clearly classical is not an easy nut to crack. But that aside, 1.8 not only looks a little more coherent and less cluttered, its layout makes more sense.

1 Like

1st of April, as in April Fools’ Day?

2 Likes

Rumbled! It took longer than I expected.

1 Like

It’s satire.

I’m not sure… The new head of PR Loof Lirpa confirmed it didn’t he?

Nice bit of satire, I enjoyed it :slight_smile: