Roon 2.0 ARC Does Not Work Multiple NAT and Intermittent Crashes of Roon Core

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core is on iMac running Big Sur 11.7 with 32GB memory 3.7 GHz i5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

My router is Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway Model is Fios-G1100
No VPN

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    ISP provider is Verizon

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Fios-G1100

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Linksys Mesh Wifi Network WHW03 (Base unit plus 4 additional)

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Core/iMac is connected by ethernet to Linksys mesh network, then out to PS Audio Directstream (with network ethernet bridge card installed) through netgear network switch.

Roon non-core is installed on a Mac laptop and another iMac as well as Room Remote on my iPhone for use on through wifi network.

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

Roon Diagnostic Data say natpmp autoconfig not found, and upnp autoconfig found upnp true. Does this mean upnp auto configuration should work?

Roon Diagnostic Data say Network Error, with Multiple NAT Found with actual external ip different from router external ip.

Actual external Roon data shows Fios router address and router external Roon data shows Linksys address.

My Fios router establishes a wifi network used for automated lighting and home security. My Linksys establishes a different wifi network used for audio, video, email, etc.

How do I address this problem to make Roon ARC work as it should and maintain security?

Ever since I installed Roon ARC, I can’t get it to work properly and Roon crashes intermittently reducing my ability to use Roon remote and my other two Macs for sound elsewhere in the house.

@Steven_Wechsler, as you have two routers and two networks running, you have two options I believe (although I am not familiar with the FiOS router configuration options or the Linkyss options):

1. Enable UPnP on both the FiOS router and the Linksys router and see if that works

2. Create a port forwarding rule on the FiOS router and an identical port forwarding rule on the Linksys router. Point the FiOS port forwarding rule to the IP address or name of the Linksys router, the the Linksys port forwarding rule should be pointed to the IP address or name of your iMac Roon Core.

Does that help?

Thanks, Robert. I believe that both the Linksys and the FIOS have UPnP enabled. I checked with Linksys and they say that happens by default. And my FIOS router page shows that UPnP is enabled.

I assume the Linksys IP address to which I want to point is the address which shows up on the FIOS router for Linksys and the iMac Roon Core address is the address which shows up in the Troubleshooting box as the Roon Core IP. Correct?

Steven, yes, those addresses should be the correct pointers. If UPnP does not work, are you able to create the port forwarding rules on both routers? In that case I am not sure if UPnP would interfere (I cannot enable UPnP on my AT&T router, so my only option is to use port forwarding rules on that router and my personal ASUS router, with UPnP disabled).

Thanks so much. I kept UPnP enabled and created port forwarding as you suggested and Roon immediately configured correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.