Testing has revealed several cases in which Android devices are downsampling to 16 bit when playing to an attached USB DAC and the primary purpose of this build is to address that issue. If you previously experienced this problem, or other issues related to playback to a USB DAC connected to an Android device please give this build a try and let us know how it goes.
There are a few other minor fixes included and those are detailed below.
Thank you for your continued support,
The Team at Roon Labs
What’s new in this release?
|Roon / RoonServer||2.0 (build 1164) earlyaccess|
|Roon ARC||1.0 (build 90 ) earlyaccess|
|Roon Remote (Android / iOS)||2.0 (build 1164) earlyaccess|
- Resolved issue where with certain DAC ARC on Android plays 16bit streams instead of 24bit
- Resolved an issue where ARC on Android couldn’t start playback with certain DACs
- Another take to resolve an issue with ARC producing “crackling” / “pop” noise during playback to USB DAC
- Implemented support for Windows system media controls (implemented in 1160, but not included in release notes by mistake)
- Resolved an issue where Roon app was crashing in case of navigating to a page of a specific artist using while using the dark theme
- Resolved an issue where Android Roon app was crashing in case of clicking on Wiki link on artist details page
Cores, remotes, and ARC installations already running
earlyaccess should update automatically. If you need to reinstall, the latest
earlyaccess builds can always be found at the following links.
|Linux: †||Easy Installer||Full Package|
|Nucleus / ROCK:||See Help Center|
|Android APKs:||Roon Remote||Roon ARC|
† Information on loading Roon on Linux can be found here. Please use the files linked here in place of those from the help center article when loading