This week’s release is primarily focused on bugfixes and improvements while the team continues to work on some larger projects. The most notable change corrects a bug in which users might not get notified if their Roon database backup encountered a problem.
Another change, which is purely cosmetic, is that we’ve incremented the ARC iOS version number significantly to match that of Android. This is a side-effect of how the Play Store handles versioning and was only done to make the versions match between iOS and Android. The updated version number on iOS is 1.0.32 and don’t worry, you haven’t missed 22 updates!
As always please let us know if you run into any issues.
Thank you for your continued support,
The Team at Roon Labs
What’s new in this release?
|Roon / RoonServer||2.0 (build 1208) earlyaccess|
|Roon ARC||1.0 (build 142) earlyaccess|
|Roon Remote (Android / iOS)||2.0 (build 1208) earlyaccess|
- Resolved an issue where users were occasionally not notified of failed backups
- Resolved an issue where the Now Playing screen was inaccessible in ARC after connection loss with CarPlay
- Resolved an issue where certain instant search queries were returning “Can’t connect to Roon Search” in Roon
- Resolved an issue where Roon could crash when connecting to outdated cores
- Various CarPlay bugfixes and improvements
- ARC app version bump on iOS to match that of Android
Cores, remotes, and ARC installations already running
earlyaccess should update automatically. If you need to reinstall, the latest
earlyaccess builds can always be found at the following links.
|Linux: †||Easy Installer||Full Package|
|Nucleus / ROCK:||See Help Center|
|Android APKs:||Roon Remote||Roon ARC|
† Information on loading Roon on Linux can be found here. Please use the files linked here in place of those from the help center article when loading