Roon 2.0 Build 1379 and ARC Build 243 Feedback

On Roon ARC, the UI of the Playlists Sort options behaves slightly oddly. When choosing a different sort option, the chosen option does not always appear until the Playlist is scrolled - the previously chosen option remains onscreen until scrolling takes place.

This is on an Android 12 phone.

Playlist sort does not stick. Reverts to date modified if I shut down the Roon client and start back up. This is when I sort My Playlist and return to main page then back to My Playlist. The sort is not saved properly if I close the Roon client and reopen.

I’m not sure if this is worth mentioning, but I will.

I don’t have local files, only Tidal and Qobuz. I create all my playlist using Qobuz links, then export the playlist to Tidal. Soon I have two identical or almost identical playlist in Roon including one from Tidal and one from Qobuz. I never mix them in one playlist.

In addition, I use the Qobuz playlist (always the Qobuz one) and save to local. Of course this third version is always composed of Qobuz links. My hope is/was that even if I drop Tidal and/or Qobuz, I won’t automatically lose my playlist and could later export this “local” playlist to whatever streaming service I am using at that time.

Now the issue (or non-issue). The only way I can see these “local” playlist now is on the sidebar. They do not show up in My Playlist where you include Tidal playlist and Qobuz playlist, but not these “local” playlist.

As I said, I don’t know if this is a real issue or not. Thanks.

1.) Show/Hide playlists in the sidebar
I think that both variants go from one extreme to the other. Without the playlists, the space is not optimally utilized, as there is still a lot of free space in the lower part of the screen. I still think that the menu items are too close together on a smartphone and therefore the usability on the touchscreen is poor.

With the playlists, it’s too cluttered and an endless long scroll list. I must say, quite unaesthetic. It also looks strange when icons are used at the top of the menus, but the playlists are then just plain text.

Suggestion:
Show the 5 most recently used playlists (used = played, not modified). Simply create a title item “Recent Playlists” with the playlists listed below. These playlists could then be slightly indented and have space for a logo icon on the left. For the sake of cleanliness, however, I think it would be nicer if they were in grayscale and not in color. You could also consider using the logo for the streaming service (Roon, Qobuz, Tidal) instead of an individual icon for each playlist (you can hardly recognize them). This would allow you to directly recognize the type of playlist. It also does not require a “+ New playlist” option directly in the main menu tree.

2.) Roon Icon for Roon Playlists
I find it confusing that there is no separate icon for Roon itself in the playlists. Instead of “My Playlists”, it should show which library of playlists you are currently in. That’s why there should be an icon for each service, also for Roon. And finally, you should be able to set which playlists should be displayed by default: Roon, Tidal, Qobuz…

2 Likes

Incorrect and confusing:
If you are in a playlist of a streaming service (e.g. Qobuz), the path appears at the top: “All playlists”. However, if you then click on it, you return to “My Playlists”, which corresponds to the Roon playlist library. There is no such thing as “All Playlists”. This should have to be changed: An icon for each type of playlist (Roon, Tidal, Qobuz…) and also “All Playlists” which shows all playlists in one view.

My unavailable tracks in my Tidal playlists now work. However, I had to download the latest production release for this to happen. It would be nice for the early release program to have the same or later release than production. I’m very happy the problem was fixed but why hold this back to the early release program and make me install production release or wait until next early release candidate?

So at this point not sure if I want to bother to switch back to next early release when production now only seems a week later and may have further fixes. I guess I’ll have to see what new and exciting updates are coming our way.

Because the Early Release programme can uncover some things via feedback that can be fixed in the Production release. It’s swings and roundabouts - you decide which particular ride you want to be on. There’s never a guarantee that you will get the same experience all the time…

Hello, incredible updates, a long-awaited improvement to be able to manage the lists of streaming services, I would add being able to fold the list in the sidebar, and when using the access to create a new list from the sidebar, have the possibility of indicating where you want create it, for example, say that you want to put it on Tidal directly. Maybe I’m missing something, but from what I’ve seen I have to create it and then move it within Tidal.

Great improvements, and those that seem to be coming… Thanks

Thanks. For some reason, I always thought we’d always be ahead of production.

Knowing me, I’ll probably end up switching back to early release because I like trying new things out and can deal with the limited risk. But with this issue, my playlists were almost useless, so fix was a big improvement there. I guess it depends on what the next update is. If it’s further tweaking the playlist look and feel, I can sit that one out. Also have no interest in whatever will be done to box sets. But so happy that updates are happening at a much great pace and seem more care is being given and feedback is being heard. Like the current direction roon has taken.