Roon 2.0 Crashing on macOS Catalina on Mac mini late 2012 i7

You could be right. Yet there are users posting on the forums who have good luck with Macs. I wonder if it’s something unrelated to Roon that is common to many Macs that is causing the problems? Don’t know.

Hi @Gary_Wasserman,

We’ve reviewed your case further with the team and have a few follow-up steps and questions:

Logs from this thread and more recent diagnostics indicate the queue crash might be caused by content in a particular Watched Folder.

1. What happens if you disable Watched Folders one by one?
  2. What happens if you disable local content entirely and re-add the file path manually?

We’ll take a look at the database you’ve uploaded again in the meantime since we most likely will be able to reproduce these steps ourselves if it’s specific to content in the library.

Just to close the loop: I have upgraded my Core to a Mac Mini 2014 running Ventura via OCLP. No problems to date (it’s been several months since I retired the old Core i5 2012 Mini. My Core i7 2012 machine is being upgraded to Ventura now, too. So I’ll have to wait and see if that resolves the crashes there. I have noticed that looking at the empty queue no longer crashes Roon. Good!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.