Roon 2.0: From Rumors To Reality

It’s a Sigma 18-35 T2.0…

2 Likes

“What you see…” Hmmm, perhaps Roon is planning to support video as well as audio? Lots of music these days is listened to via YouTube videos, after all.

Why cede all that to Plex?

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll integrate HQPlayer’s upsampling technology?

6 Likes

I would say, it’s mobile Roon. If it’s anything to do with video, I’m not interested.

28 Likes

We need ROON support YouTuber Music!

1 Like

Roon from everywhere, it’s coming(hopefully)!! It’s gonna be a game changer, can’t wait!!

8 Likes

Just caught this before it was seemingly deleted…

2 Likes

Roon Mobile was hinted at years ago as (near) future development. To me, that would really be a 2.0 feature.

The 'looking and seeing" reference has me a bit worried because I’m not really interested in Video either. But I’d like to think that if Roon moved in that direction they would do it “their way” and it would be awesome and attractive for a lot of younger users.

5 Likes

Whatever new functionality Roon will bring to the new 2.0 version, I sincerely hope that version 1.8 remains available (at least for an extended period of time 1-2 years in my mind) and supported for those ‘in-home’ users happy with ‘music’ functionalities only.
Dirk

4 Likes

@Dirk_De_Taey They are probably (and hopefully) not going to do that. Roon has a small(ish) development team en you don’t want to support two versions… And you could just, you know, not use/disable the features you don’t want or need…

7 Likes

Hopefully, hell will freeze over before that happens. Look at the mess that is JShiver.

6 Likes

Roon 2.0 ( Build 1835 ) feat Roon mobile

1 Like

Roon Labs shared a post on Instagram: "It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see. A new era is about to begin - stay tuned for more details.​

#RoonLabs #Roon #RoonMusic #MusicApp #Audiophile #DigitalAudio #ComingSoon #BTS". Follow...

Maybe Roon Mobile :slight_smile: Another hint on Twitter.

5 Likes

Will Linux no longer be a supported OS for core and bridge?

What an earth makes you think this?

1 Like

Is it Mobile Roon or Roon CarPlay?

2 Likes

… or Road Rooner („mweep, mweep“ startup sound included) :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I think it’s that Roon has been sold to Spotify.

4 Likes

We don’t have any changes coming to our platform support for Linux.

5 Likes