Roon access to personally identifiable core data without user consent

Roon ‘pull’ data from your Roon server. Whether this contains personal data, I do not know. Personal data such as your name, email address, payment details are already on your Roon account at Roon HQ. When you login into Roon you’re details are matched against your login data to verify its you.

Are you more worried about Roon ‘pulling’ other data held on your machine. Like if you use a Windows machine to run Roon Server. Cross platform snooping!! I can’t imagine that is happening for 1 second, there are many clever IT users here that would probably detect such a thing.

I would honestly be more worried about the Google’s, Amazon’s of the world rather than Roon.

Any network based equipment that’s connected to the outside world has the potential to release or have data pulled from it.

My understanding of GDPR is limited but as others have stated, relates to data controllers of said personal information and their duties to not share it, keep it safe etc.

T&C’s that allow Roon or any other organisation to ‘pull’ data from your computer is just the user agreement to allow them.

I would worry if @Danny managed to get hold of my photos of me when I was 2 years old, naked in the bath. That isn’t going to happen because I keep personal data like that elsewhere and secure (as secure as I can be).

If you are still worrying about Roon and their access to your network, it might be time to cancel your internet service. Sadly this is the world as we know it.

Let’s just listen to music and have a laugh along the way.

Like here

1 Like