Roon acquired by Harman International [Feedback]

Maybe not close it down but maybe strip out what they want (RAAT ?, ARC ??) and leave the rest to rot

I don’t think they bought Roon because they were interested in the 250k users wellbeing

Cynical maybe …

2 Likes

Buy a Harman reciever or similar, and get Roon lifetime. Probably locked to the hardware, or an extra fee to move the server somewhere else.

Probably other brands will be allowed to offer equal options. Just pay Harman royalty.

I hope this open for more streaming services as well.
I don’t mind a RoonTV app.

What other technology would we like to see being added and developed?

They are owned by Samsung and they have bunch of US audio companies. Why I don’t consider them an audio company more of a TV and appliances manufacturer. So why good question. I personally don’t care for there products I went LG.

1 Like

Here’s just hoping that my lifetime subscription purchased in 2018 will not be trifled with in any way. Otherwise, good luck and keep up the great work!

I’m still waiting for them to send me my three pairs of vintage JBL L-100’s, one for each lifetime subscription. Actually, one pair would be plenty. Send my other two pairs to someone else.

Note: I had this poster framed and on my wall before Roon announced they were bought by Harman. My Pioneer HPM-60’s were designed by Bart Locanthi who also designed the JBL’s.

3 Likes

BUT that advert was for Maxell Cassette tapes

2 Likes

Yes, but the speaker is a JBL L-100. It’s iconic.

1 Like

Looks like a box to me :smiling_imp: :joy:

An iconic box maybe …

3 Likes

Or a box with Schrödinger’s Roon in it! Or not :thinking:

I just read in the forum “Roon 2.0.25 is live!” from 8. November. Since Roon is acquired by Harman International (see Roon acquired by Harman International) it is very quit around the Roon staff. No support cases, no new updates. Are my impressions wrong? Is Roon dead?

Sorry, I have no time to read nearly 1.000 posts. In the last 18 days there is no statement of ROON staff within this thread.

1 Like

Roon is still releasing updates in early releases and said Tidal Max update is being worked on. Also said some other Tidal updates being worked on. Think we’ll continue to see future updates for the time being. Normally big changes from an acquisition don’t happen until 6 months to a year. Then might truly see why Harman bought them.

1 Like

Same feeling here, Roon staff has disappeared for a long while from this community, not surprising given the changes internally, but there is hope: They are starting again to reply to the support threads :wink: albeit with the same prototypical replies (check your firewall settings, network topology, …) .

Let’s give them some time to forward the many user issues still pending and we may expect improvements.

1 Like

That would be a great addition to Primefonic……

If you take a peek in Early Access you will find that they are busy preparing a new update

2 Likes

That’s because that’s necessary information when hunting issues, or at least needs to be ruled out (and often enough it’s the issue)

2 Likes

And @Frank_Rahde now it just went live in production :slight_smile: :

3 Likes

WAIT? Roon was acquired?? What do people think will happen? Is this bad for current customers?

2 Likes

Roon will respond when they have something to say. Until then, nothing has changed, and maybe never will.

3 Likes

Several recent reports have come in suggesting that sleeplessness and hair loss are linked to these shocking events. Hopefully the pharmaceutical companies can find a cure soon.

8 Likes