Roon Adding Music to Library keeps repeating

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel Nuc8i5 running ROCK version 1.0 build 227, Roon server software version 1.7 build 667.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All wired network to the Cisco router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Synology NAS DS918+, ROCK direct USB to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC

Description Of Issue

Roon keep repeating Adding Music To Library. Once it finished, I’ll have 28543 Albums. Roon will stop for maybe an hour than it will start the process again. The 28543 will be reduced to @26700 albums and Adding Music To Library will start again. This has been happening for the last 4 days since I added more files to my NAS.
Roon has been flawless for me till now. Please help.

Hi @Soukseum_Daongam — Our team is investigating reports of this and we are working on a solution. In the meantime, a workaround was posted here that should help until we have a permanent solution.

Thanks!

Hi @Soukseum_Daongam,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Give me some time. I don’t have access to computer yet. Can I do this with an iPad? Accessing log file.

Hi Dylan,
I don’t have access to dropbox. I have the zipped log folder ready to be send. Please provide link to send the log. Thanks.

Hi @Soukseum_Daongam,

You can upload the logs here: https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9gIil-LVTzf

Thanks!

Uploaded. Awaiting your fix. Thanks.

Any news? Roon keep removing my recent added files and keep re-adding the same files into to library. It does this twice or more a day. This is getting frustrating.

Hello @Soukseum_Daongam, my apologies for the frustration here. I have passed along your logs to our QA team for further input and will update you when I have their feedback.

Hello @Soukseum_Daongam, and thanks for your patience while the team continues to investigate the issue. After reviewing the data we’ve sent to them so far, we noticed one album in particular that had been removed twice:

11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165021234, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/05 The Sounds of Silence.flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165021746, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds of Silence IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/04 The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin_ Groovy).flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165022002, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/06 I Am a Rock.flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165022258, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - I Am a Rock IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/09 Bridge Over Troubled Water.flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165022514, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/08 Homeward Bound.flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165022770, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - Homeward Bound IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/11 Kathy_s Song.flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165023026, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - Kathy's Song IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/10 America.flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165023282, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - America IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/12 El Condor Pasa (If I Could).flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165023538, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - El Condor Pasa (If I Could) IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/13 Bookends.flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165023794, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/Playlist_ The Very Best of Simon _ Garfunkel Hi-Res/14 Cecilia.flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165024050, Simon & Garfunkel - Playlist: The Very Best of Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/The Concert In Central Park (Live) Hi-Res/06 April Come She Will (Live).flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165024562, Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park - April Come She Will IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/The Concert In Central Park (Live) Hi-Res/01 Mrs_ Robinson (Live).flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165025074, Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park - Mrs. Robinson IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/The Concert In Central Park (Live) Hi-Res/02 Homeward Bound (Live).flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165024306, Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park - Homeward Bound IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/The Concert In Central Park (Live) Hi-Res/03 America (Live).flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165024818, Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park - America IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Souk's Music/New Music/FLAC1/Simon _ Garfunkel/The Concert In Central Park (Live) Hi-Res/05 Scarborough Fair (Live).flac from \
11/07 04:45:23 Debug: [music/storage]     LibraryTrack[165025330, Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park - Scarborough Fair IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]

Could you elaborate on how you added your networked storage location? Also, I’d like to have you create a backup of your current database and try a new database to see if this issue still occurs. Thanks!

I’m away from home right now and won’t be able to try new database as recommended. As for mapping the Synology NAS, I used smb://DS918+/music to map the shared music folder.
I don’t quite understand what you mean by “one album being removed twice”.
Should I remove this album to a different folder?

Hi. How do I go about creating a new data base? Did my backup already. My Nas mapped out as follow. \DS918\music.

Did what you suggested and Roon still keep removing and adding music to library. This is getting really disappointing with no help from Roon in sight. The only help from Roon is silence. Does anyone here can help with this?

Hello @Soukseum_Daongam, my apologies for the delayed response. It was my clerical error that caused your thread to be missed. To start a new database:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Also, could you please send me a screenshot of the path to one of the issue albums? I’d like to get that over to our team for review.

I did what was suggested but instead of “Roon” folder, I have “RoonServer”. I renamed the RoonServer to RoonServer_old. Then I reinstall the Roon server and new RoonServer folder was created. I did this already and I am still having the same issues. I even split my music folders into 2 seperate folders and remapped it.
All these steps has not fixed the issue.

Here’s the screen capture of my mapped music folders.

Roon has been troublesome for the last few months with no fix in sight. It keep removing and adding albums. At this rate, my NAS HD drives are working overtime and risk of early failure. For this reason, my Roon core has been turned off and I am now back to using BubbleUpNP and Minimserver. Unfortunately, I have a Roon lifetime membership otherwise, I would’ve cancelled my subscription. Hoping that Roon fixes the issue soon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.