Roon Adjusting Convolution Filter Tap Length [Fix In Progress]

A post was split to a new topic: Roon crashes every night

@benjamin can you provide an update about this bug?

Hey @cass_fisher,

I don’t have much to share at this time - the ticket for this bug is still in progress within our development queue. I’ll be sure to keep you in the loop as things progress. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @benjamin I just wanted to share with you comparison measurements of Roon’s convolver vs Hang Loose Convolver:

Conclusion: While Roon may have a convolution bug of some sort, it is definitely not affecting or corrupting the frequency or phase response of these high resolution headphone FIR filters.

2 Likes

This is odd behaviour, thanks for the article @Mitch_Barnett .

I use FIR filters extensively and have never seen this issue (thanks for highlighting)… but all my Tap counts match sampling rates @ a 1:1 ratio.

For what it is worth, I used REW and rephase to create my convolutions.
I hope you get a resolution here…

My experience…
I use Roon to execute 2 way convolution Crossovers (JBL M2) and Room correction, using individual convolution instances/filters. I created convolution files at each sampling rate manually, with a tap count ratio 1:1 with sampling rate. I have never seen the issue you present above (thankfully), but I have had Roon FIR let go, which I am yet to have Roon assistance on to diagnose.

Maybe the Roon display issue doesn’t appear at the tap counts I’m nominating. Very odd.

Here are mine @ each sampling rate.

Here’s a 32k taps, 48kHz sampling rate, stereo convolution filter for your developer team tests:

Roon correctly up/down samples the filter according to source and the correction works as intended but the tap count has the same problem explained above.