Roon and Amarra SQ / 3.0 etc

Dear All:

Good news. Sonic Studio released a new build for AsQ+ with iRC, build 2255. If you recall I indicated that SRC required manual adjustment. That is no longer required. SRC is done automatically. Furthermore, in AsQ+'s UI under settings, during beta builds, even when roon plays the correct SR, the UI for AsQ+ did not reflect accurately the changes in SR although, AsQ+ played the correct SR. For example if roon played a 96/24 track and then one started a 192/24 track, the UI would still display 96. Now I am told by Sonic Studio this has been cured.

roon does an excellent job of playing TIDAL/HIFI. Add AsQ+ and one is provided with several enhancements for EQ including 13 filters and 4-band parametric EQ in addition to other features including Audio Control. Given that AsQ+ now allows for iRC (license required) one can add that feature and have even further improvements to SQ, e.g., impulse response correction (time and frequency). Or one can employ roon with Dirac Live. Options one chooses at one’s discretion that takes roon which is marvelous to begin with to even a more enhanced SQ and control of room acoustics, etc.

There’s more to come for AsQ+, but I am not able to disclose at this time. And I hope my post does not violate roon’s protocols. For those who desire DSP/EQ etc. roon generously allows for a match with AsQ+ and in time, perhaps, HQPlayer integration.

roon just keeps getting better and providing an fertile application for enhancement and thus our enjoyment of music. I realize I am stating the obvious but the obvious is a delight and we are the beneficiaries whatever level of membership we have chosen.

Enjoy the music,
Richard