Roon and HQPlayer problem

I know you are frustrated. But don’t give up. Should you have that rasp4 at hand, try with ropieexl or install the naa binaries on your regular Raspbian. For bullseye version, you can find it here. Just wget and dpkg to install.

This is how I run mine. I prefer it so I can have a full functioning rasp4, with access to all system config etc

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/bullseye/networkaudiod_4.2.0-50_armhf.deb

Another thing: should it not work, try restarting HQPlayer without restarting naa. Sometimes, I have this glitch also, and restarting hqplyaer just works.

Similar problem:
Roon (PC 1) → HQP (PC 2) → Rpi (RopieeeXL, NAA) → DAC (USB)
I start the song in Roon, and it just sends the whole song to HQP in like 10 sec. Second PC with HQP upsamples it in 20-30 sec, and plays, sounds ok. But Roon thinks its done playing, so can’t stop, skip, rewind…
Whats weird, I close HQP, and music is still playing!
In Task Manager i just see high network activity, no HQP process any more, and also no visible process that uses LAN, but something is sending music to Rpi/Dac, some orphan process!
When I used HQP and Roon on the same PC, NAA streaming to Rpi, it worked fine. But HQP on second (more powerful, so i can use better filters) this thing is happening.

And Roon is set to play to correct HQPlayer? And you see HQPlayer performing playback from Roon in the computer where it is running? (you can also just attach HQPlayer Client remotely to see status)

Have you tried with NAA OS on the Pi?

Roon can see HQP on the network correctly. When I press play, it plays 5x faster, actually streams the whole song over the network as fast as LAN allows. Also in HQP I can see it plays 5x faster than normal (sounds ok, just progress bar going 5x faster). I close HQP, and it just keeps playing! Same HQP installation on computer where Roon is works just fine.
Didn’t try NAA OS on Pi, but think its not Pi and Ropieee problem, but Roon-HQP communication thing, and HQP background process or thread with upsampled song in the buffer stays alive. Weird I didn’t find the process that holds that memory and streams to Pi in TaskManager or even Process Explorer (sysinternals)

Try pulling ethernet cable out when that happens, then you know for sure where the buffer is.

Buffer is on the PC where HQP is. Because I can see network traffic going from that PC to Pi, with expected bitrate for that upsampling (~90mbps for 1.5M). I just can’t see the process which is sending, and thats weird.
Will try network cable trick just to be 100% sure.

Please make sure you have “Buffer time” set to “Default”. Just in case…