Roon and Onkyo CR-775D Streamer

Very New to Roon. Just started a trial today after receiving newly purchased Onkyo CR-775D Network CD Receiver. The problems is that Roon only play on Onkyo via Chrome Cast or Air Play.

I have tried both wifi and Ethernet Connection but no success.

Hoping somebody could point me in the right direction

thanks

Adil

Device needs to be RoonReady for Roon to natively see it.

It looks like its not even DLNA, just Airplay Chromecast or DTS play fi

To use Roon you will need a Roon Bridge device like Raspberry pi With a Coax HAT it doesn’t have a UsB input only for a HDD

Thanks guys. I guess a coax from PC,s sound card will not work either because the Asus Stx is not Roon ready

Well, not straight up, but, the computer can run RoonBridge which will provide the option for it to be a Roon Endpoint.

@Adil_Aziz, in order to give you accurate advice we need to know how your setup is arranged. My presumption is you have your Roon Core on the PC with the STX card. If you do then enabling that card in Roon and running a coax to the streamer should get you full resolution only limited by the STX’s specifications.

Roon core is on PC, specifications for Asus STXii Card is below
Analog Playback Sample Rate and Resolution :
44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
Analog Recording Sample Rate and Resolution :
S/PDIF Digital Output :
ASIO Driver Support :
44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/176.4K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
I will try enabling the card in Roon and connect a coax as you suggested to see.

@Rugby, will start looking for RoonBridge as you mentioned

I assume your PC is connected to your network, a Roon Bridge would take an Ethernet input then coax to your streamer unit, so the soundcard outputs are not used just a digital Ethernet output from the PC

I have a Xonar Essence STX card which I have used with Roon for years as an endpoint DAC, sounded fantastic. Never tried it with the COAX out though.

Installed roon Bridge on PC (COre is running on the same PC).
Plugged Ethernet in the PC, Coax out from Xonar Essence STXii, MQA is now working via Roon and Audrivana. DSD however will not pass through and downsample. I think I need to look into the sound card settings. It shows either PCM or Dolby Digital when select 2 channel output !!

Will keep you guys posted.

There was never any need to add Roon Bridge to a machine already running Roon.

@Henry_McLeod, yes finally worked that out…thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.