Roon and Qobuz sound breakup

Hi

I have Roon running on a Windows PC and I am using it to stream Qobuz to a Lyngdorf TDAI3400. For some reason, recently some tracks will suddenly stop streaming, and the sound breaks up, a little bit like you would hear years ago when listening to the radio and the signal strength was intermittent.

How would I go about trying to troubleshoot where the issue might be? Any ideas are most welcome.

Thanks

Neil

How is the PC connected to the router, Ethernet or Wi-Fi? If its Wi-Fi then try Ethernet to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks Mike. Both the PC running Roon and the Lyngdorf are both network cabled.

It was working ok up until about two weeks ago and got the life of me I can’t think what has changed.

Do you think and uninstall and reinstall would help?

Looked up the Lyngdorf TDAI3400 and it’s listed as Roon Ready. I assume you’re using the RR connection with the core.

What are the basics on the PC, CPU, Memory? Is it up to at least the minimum suggested requirements?

Which version of Windows are you running? Has there been any software updates recently?

Is there anything else running on the PC, when these issue occur?

Is the core up to date with the current Build, Version 2.0 (build 1277) production?

Is the Lyngdorf firmware up to date?

What about power cycling the Network equipment, mainly router? Have you tried that?

I don’t know about reinstalling Roon.

Just tossing out ideas that come to mind.

Hi Mike

Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is much appreciated. In answer to your questions:

It is an HPZ2 desktop with an 11th Gen Core i7 11700 cpu @ 2.5 GHz with 32GB Ram.

It is running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. I am unsure on Windows update, it is set to whatever settings it came with and I reboot it when it asks, and sometimes when it doesn’t! I will force an update and see what happens!

There are other things running on the PC, namely Plex and a security camera software. When I get the issue, I have stopped these services to see if it makes any difference and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to help.

Roon is currently running ‘Roon version 2.0 build 1277 production 64 bit’

The lyngdorf software is up to date.

It has been working very well for nearly 12 months, I know this as the Qobuz subscription is coming up for renewal at the end of this month, and I only subscribed so that I could integrate it with Roon.

I haven’t rebooted absolutely everything, I will try that, including all the networking equipment and see how that goes.

Thanks again for your assistance.

I expect others in the community will chime in with ideas and the description of your setup will certainly help.

Assuming you have a music library, does the issue only occur with Qobuz or does it also happen when playing music files?

It seems to me for an intermittent or occasional issue the cause would be something on the PC taking cycles away from Roon or something interrupting the signal flow through the network.

Can you identify how your network is configured? Router, switches, etc…

Sorry I’m not being much help here. Just suggesting things I would consider possibilities.