Roon App Crashing on iOS 13.1 beta

Hi Aaron,

Did you notice any issues with iOS 13.0?

Cheers, Greg

Roon iOS update just came through tonight

1 Like

Hi Greg, I did not. I’m downloading and installing the latest Roon iOS update that came out tonight right now though and will report back if I continue to have the same issues with it.

Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

The new version that came out tonight is also crashing on iOS 13.1. This could be a significant problem since I think that iOS 13.1 is going to be released to everyone tomorrow.

Thanks Aaron,

I’ve moved your posts to a new support thread.

What device are you using?

I’ll tag @support to help out.

Cheers, Greg

@Greg, thanks for moving it to support. I’m using iOS 13.1 on both an iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone 11 Pro. They’re all having the same issue.

Hi @Aaron_Marks,

Can you provide some additional information about the crash? For all of the devices listed above on iOS 13.1, is the crash occurring instantly, or does it happen after some time of using the app?

Are you receiving any error messages?

@dylan The crash provides anywhere between 20-60 seconds typically of using the app. It usually doesn’t matter what I’m doing, but I’m typically just either sitting at the Now Playing screen or browsing my Albums.

iOS 13.1 is generally available now. Could you download it on one of your test iOS devices and see if you’re having the same issue?

Hello @Aaron_Marks,

We are not seeing this behavior on the multiple devices we have running the iOS 13.1 beta in-house.

I have reached out to you with further questions via PM.

-John

App crashes constantly on both iOS 13 official and iOS 13.1 official (just released).

1 Like

Updated both my iPhone XS and iPad Mini 5 to iOS 13.1 (not Beta) today, along with running the update to the Roon Remote app on both devices.

No problems to report both are working fine.

@miguelito Just curious… are you using it from a single device or multiple? I’m seeing this from multiple devices connected to my fully updated ROCK.

Not sure I understand your question. I am playing to one Roon zone - that’s all Roon is playing to right now.

This is now resolved for me after installing the final build of iOS 13.1 yesterday.

Yes, seeing crashes after less than a minute of runtime on iOS 13.1. I did not see this on 13.

Restart of my iPhone seems to have resolved the issue for me. I guess this is on Apple, not Roon :grinning:. iOS 13 and 13.1 have been more painful than previous upgrades in several areas.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon app on iPhone (iOS 13.1.2) crashes

iOS 13.1 is no longer in Beta so closing this topic down, discussion can continue in linked topic.