Roon ARC Build 266

A little while ago I found an ARC update on the play store and after installing it it appears that it is build 266. But isn’t that the production build? :thinking:

If you want ARC for EA on Android, download the APK from the Roon website.

Until now I have always updated EA builds from the play store

See emphasis below …

If you join the Beta in the Android Play Store, you get Beta as well as production updates, whatever is newer. It’s how the Play Store works, I think

2 Likes

Honestly, I never noticed too much, I thought they were two distinct channels given how the PlayStore looks. what left me perplexed is also that doing this update has automatically logged out (losing all downloads) and login

Same here. Was logged out as soon as production build 266 installed in background over early access build, loosing all downloads. Not first time it has happened.

I treat it as spring cleaning :man_shrugging:

Same for me…it would be good if spring cleaning weren’t a mandatory part of the ARC experience…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the correct behavior because now I don’t have the previous build changes anymore (Android Auto UI is the old one, for example). @vova Any clarification?

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and I apologize for the inconvenience it has caused. Due to a rule in the Google Play Store, users who are part of multiple release tracks (like open beta and production) are automatically moved to the track with a higher app version number (e.g., 1.0.51, 1.0.52).

This isn’t our usual release process, but due to internal challenges, we had to bump the version number for the production build at the last minute. This triggered the rule, and unfortunately, we didn’t account for it in our decision-making. I apologize for this oversight.

We will be releasing a new set of EA builds with a higher version number next week, which will transition you back to the EA track and return missing functionality.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.