Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

ARC test gives me the following error code

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkTimeout”,“status_code”:998,“error”:“”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

Tried setting up a manual port forward but no luck. Not a networking guru so - Any suggestions?

What modem? Who is your ISP?

Modem is Cisco dpc3010 and ISP is Pentanet (Australia)

Modem via Ethernet to Orbi base and also to same base is Sonictransporter Audiophile which runs as Roon core

Hi @Hanno_Davel,

My apologies that you’ve waited so long for a staff response to your issue. The team has been diligently working to reach every user who has experienced an issue with ARC since the release, and we truly appreciate your patience.

While it’s always worth contacting your ISP (Pentanet) directly to confirm, as far as other users have reported, there’s not a current means of bypassing their carrier-grade network address translation to allow for port forwarding with their supplied modem/router.

Regardless, I recommend you reach out to Pentanet’s support team and pass along the following questions:

• Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
  • Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
  • Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
  • Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?

In the meantime, you can explore unofficial means of connecting ARC to your Core outside your home in our #tinkering sections (users in your position often recommend Tailscale or any number of VPNs).

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.