Roon Arc connection ClientUPnPError - ConflictInMappingEntry

Roon Core Machine

QNAP TS-4563D 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus ZenWiFi XD6 PPPoE fiber connection (private external IP address)

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    T-Mobile

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

I have been fighting with the Roon arc connection since Arc was released w/o success.
I reached now a new state where the upnp has been found. Still not working however with some new error.

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 46.aaa.bbb.ccc:55000, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“46.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">718ConflictInMappingEntry</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

Any ideas what it could mean?

I believe T-Mobile doesn’t and won’t work as it drops all outside initiated connections.

Yes Tmobile won’t work. You might try a VPN solution like tailscale.

Can I somewhere find a guide how to configure Roon with vpn?

Look in the tinkering section. VPN isn’t supported by Roon.

The above might be helpful. Keep in mind that you cannot be using Rock or a Nucleus as a core as you have to setup the VPN on the Core machine. I just noticed that you are using a QNAP as a core, so there maybe a Tailscale QNAP app.

You can use ROCK as a core. Probably Nucleus as well. The instructions cover that. You do need to run Tailscale on a different machine though, you can’t run it on the ROCK or Nucleus for obvious reasons.

My Roon rocks on a Nuc in Amsterdam and has a T-mobile connection to the internet.
I Opened a port on the router for Roon.
I use Roon ARC on my iPad (local WiFi) and on my iPhone(WiFi and mobile network)
IPhone said bad connection, solved after remove and reinstall.
So t-mobile seems not the bottleneck.

Depends on the T-Mobile location I guess.

Good point

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.