Roon Arc connection issue - other things to try?

Roon Core Machine

Trying out Roon on trial Windows 10 8M Ram, running core ok and has imported appx 42000 tracks and linked to my Qbuz acct fine.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Im on mesh wi-fi which is very stable for everything else and I would rather not ethernet as its a pain.

Connected Audio Devices

Just trying out first on pc, like what Im seeing but connecting to Arc is trying my patience :slight_smile:

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Usual type issues (see below) connecting to Arc, Ive followed a user post (which was resolved for that user) and port forwarded my plusnet router to Roon using the core ip and listening on port 55000, but Im still unable to connect. Ive checked and the obvious is on like upnp but perhaps Im missing an obvious error below?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“51.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.254”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

Welcome and good luck. I will say that even once you get ARC connected, there are a number of folks for whom Arc outside the home was very unstable until they connected their core via Ethernet. Know you’re just in trying out mode, but want you to have a good experience, and wired cores is a core, heh heh, requirement for a good experience.

That said, ethernet vs Wi-Fi should not cause you to have issues connecting to ARC full stop. I’ll leave that to the networking gurus. Good luck and welcome!

What country are you in and what ISP are you on?

UK using plusnet - I followed the advice in a previous post about port forwarding using their router to Roon but still encountering problems.

Which Plusnet router? I’ve got the older hub one.
I used this guide

Hey @paul_balbi,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still running into connectivity issues with Arc? Was @ged_hickman1’s note above helpful?

I’ll be on standby for your status :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.