Roon ARC Connectivity Issues with UPnP Configuration (ref#7HNXMR)

Full form submission

Network Setup

My only router was provided by my ISP

ARC Status

ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
ARC is still *Not Ready*

Don't give up yet.

I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Roon ARC is not ready despite my router's UPNP setting for the roon core give automatic port permission.

The diagnostic in the roon app gives the following:
{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"134.aaa.bbb.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.178.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>

s:Client
UPnPError

Unknown Error Code

"}
}

Rooter: FritzBox 7490
Roon Server: Innuos Zen Mk3 (connected to rooter via LAN)

Hi @jam.address,

Thank you for your post.

Do you have a second router active in your network setup? If not, then this error usually indicates a CG-NAT (carrier-grade network address translation) layer upstream of your internet account. This is something your internet service provider will have implemented.

If you’re using enterprise-grade or corporate internet, I suggest contacting the IT department for steps to properly bypass CG-NAT. Otherwise, reach out directly to your ISP and inquire if either a dedicated IPv4 address or native IPv6 is available for your account.

Thanks Connor,
I contacted the ISP and they switched my account from dual (IPv4+IPv6) to IPv4 only.
We also restarted the Rooter.
Both actions without success.

The ISP is providing static IP addresses to business clients only.
Beside that, Roon ARC worked very well before the Innuos Zen Mk3 (my roon core) got updated. And I cannot imaging that innuos had the need of fixed IP addresses in mind when providing the update.

Any other possiblities we could try?

BR
Peter

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Full form submission

Network Setup

· My only router was provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

·
Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
ARC is still *Not Ready*

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

I am stuck with Roon ARC not running.

Describe your network setup

Rooter: FritzBox! 7490
Roon Core: Innuos ZenMk3

Is there an error message shown in Settings > Roon ARC?

dynamic IP on my root has never been a problem before I updated roon core. Now I get the following message from roon:

{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"185.iii.jjj.kkk","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.178.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n<s:Envelope xmlns:s=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" s:encodingStyle=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\">\n<s:Body>\n<s:Fault>\n<faultcode>s:Client</faultcode>\n<faultstring>UPnPError</faultstring>\n<detail>\n<UPnPError xmlns=\"urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0\">\n<errorCode>606</errorCode>\n<errorDescription>Unknown Error Code</errorDescription>\n</UPnPError>\n</detail>\n</s:Fault>\n</s:Body>\n</s:Envelope>"}
}

Hmm, very generic. Did you reboot everything including the Fritzbox?

I just found the next hardware update from innuos and installed it (including reboot). I will now reboot my rooter as well. Please stay tuned.

Done. Unfortunately, still not working:

{
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"149.ddd.eee.fff","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.178.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n<s:Envelope xmlns:s=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" s:encodingStyle=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\">\n<s:Body>\n<s:Fault>\n<faultcode>s:Client</faultcode>\n<faultstring>UPnPError</faultstring>\n<detail>\n<UPnPError xmlns=\"urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0\">\n<errorCode>606</errorCode>\n<errorDescription>Unknown Error Code</errorDescription>\n</UPnPError>\n</detail>\n</s:Fault>\n</s:Body>\n</s:Envelope>"}
}

I also spoke to my ISP. They cannot give me a static IP (for business clients only).

But again, Roon ARC used to work with the hardware components before…

You reported the same error with error code “606” four weeks ago here and it’s probably best if you continue working with @connor from Roon Support:

Right, but the system told me that this conversation has been automatically closed. Thus, I thought I had to start a new one.
Will contact Connor directly then.

It was just my intention to keep the context together.

Ok Thanks. I will try to get the former conversation get going again.

I’ve paged Connor in my post anyway, so I expect he will come to this thread and continue working with you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great. Thanks so much for your support.

I’ve reopened and merged topics so all the history is together.

Carl, thanks for merging.
Unfortunately, now the title is misleading.
I checked the UPnP configuration on my rooter. Everything seems fine with that.
Still roon gives me the failure message shown above.