I’ve experienced connectivity problems with my ROON Arc recently.
ROON Arc Menu Settings on my ROON Core (Apple MacBook Pro) says: Roon has no access to your Roon Core
Can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks a lot.
With kind regards,
Sjors - The Netherlands
The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is enabled on your network, but your router is refusing the connection. This is either the result of UPnP not being enabled properly on your router, or settings at the level of your internet service provider.
First, to confirm the issue is not with your local network setup:
- Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
- Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
- Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
- Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
- Check if your modem is in
If you continue to experience difficulties, we recommend reaching out to your internet service provider and passing along the following questions:
- Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
- Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
- Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
- Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?
Could you please answer below questions?
Who is your internet service provider?
Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
Thank you for the Help provided here
I haven’t tried these things, as Roon Arc seems to have fixed itself luckily. Maybe my Router has reset its settings by itself or something, after the Firmware update? All of a sudden I got a good working connection, between Roon Arc and my Roon Core.
Everything is fine now Thank you very much
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.