Roon ARC constantly crashing on iPhone after build 260

Even if I’m not playing anything, the app crashes.

Hopefully an update soon as I love ARC.

Thanks!

Hi, @Spence_Marquart, thank you for your report. Could you, please, elaborate, is this a crash loop or are you able to navigate around the app before it crashes?

Thanks!

Ivan

I play a track and it stops after ten seconds or so. App freezes and crashes. I also tried navigating in the app. Searched “Rolling Stones” and the app completely freezes. Never had these issues before.

I’ve also tried re-booting my iphone. Issue persists afterwards…

Can’t reproduce here with iOS 17.4.1, iPhone 15 Pro Max. FWIW

1 Like

Thanks, @Spence_Marquart. Could you, please, check if the app crashes after 10-20 seconds in case you are not performing any actions in the app?

Do you have Roon ARC app running on a different device, by any chance?

Thanks!

Ivan

Thanks Ivan. It literally gets stuck at 12 seconds. Freezes up the app. I can’t click on anything. Ironically in this case the song has kept playing. Even though I can’t do any navigation within the app other than to close and reopen. But it’s still playing???

Update, it finally unfroze. Now playing track 2. So far, no crashes but it’s still acting weird. Multiple freeze up’s continuing within the app…

I should mention I do have ARC on another iPhone here. But it’s closed and not running.

I could delete on the other phone if necessary since I rarely use it.

Also, it’s been playing through this album. But has stopped on multiple occasions after freezing. But then I hit play again and it works. :man_shrugging:t3:

I deleted the ARC app off of my other iphone. I’m still getting the same activity on my main phone. Constant freeze-ups but the music still plays…

Thanks, @Spence_Marquart, my question was more about if you see the same behaviour with freezes on your other device. Could you, please, install the app on it again and see how it goes?

Thanks!

Ivan

Thanks! I re-installed on my other iphone and ARC plays great!
I’m thinking I should re-install on my main phone?

Good news. I re-installed ARC on my main iPhone and it’s working great. No freeze-ups or crashes. I’ll keep testing but appreciate the help, Ivan!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.