Roon Arc disappointing in offline mode

We did, but Roon being what it is, ignores us :rofl:

1 Like

Not seen one music app that uses the spyglass in the way this functions or any media app if I think about it, its a full blown global search, this isnt.

Qobuz

Tidal

I’ve really been trying to like ARC, but I don’t understand “offline mode”. How am I supposed to use this? I get on a plane, no internet: all my album art disappears, I set offline mode (or not), and listen to downloaded albums sans album art. Land, and all the album art is suddenly back! I think the mode switch is unnecessary, if you’re offline, activate offline mode automatically (whatever that does), and please fix the album art disappearing.

Thats a search and a filter, not two searches ala Roon. Sorry its just plain confusing and wrong.

This seems a bug. It was always the case but according to the release notes they tried to fix it. There was another attempt in the latest Early Access, but alas there might be more than one cause as it’s still not completely fixed (although for me it’s at least much improved). Under investigation here in EA:

It seems to me that it’s redundant now. In the past, it was a way to avoid too many annoying „you are offline“ notifications by telling ARC „yeah I know I’m offline“.

However, the notification behavior has much improved and so I don’t think that engaging the switch actually makes much difference anymore.

My impression too! Thanks for your thoughts.

1 Like