Roon Arc disappointing in offline mode

Are there any plans to upgrade the app for offline mode ?

When it’s offline all you can seem todo is view albums or downloads. Why no local search of whats been downloaded ?

Or view by artist etc ?

Thanks

You can

I take that back, you can’t.

I’m sure I did the other day.

You can’t search across everything but you can search within categories.
So search within artists but not at the top level etc.

1 Like

How do you do that ? When I search in offline mode I just get a sign saying ‘you’re offline’

Where are you searching? At the top menu or within artists?
Won’t work here.

Should work here

1 Like

Cheers @ged_hickman1 :+1:

I thought I had used search offline. Just forgot how :man_facepalming:

I see you’re having issues with album thumbnails showing to

1 Like

Thanks, but seems random if it works in arstists.

Most of the artists I put in it shows the artists but not any albums or tracks it has downloaded.

Weirdly they do show up in AA I think, which is the only time I use it regularly offline.

1 Like

Only one that worked for me was the artist I was currently playing

To be honest I’d not tried search before just now.
It finds things it will play in albums and tracks but my artists doesn’t do anything useful either :smile:

To me Roon Arc is about as much use as a chocolate teapot on a fireplace. It has never worked properly for me, One day it worked and another it would just refuse to log in!. Obviously there are members on this Forum that think it is the Bee’s Knees but hey that’s life.

I gave up using it for quite a while but it’s worked very well for me in later builds.
You don’t seem to have raised a support request for Roon to look into your problems. Might be worth doing so @Terry_Fell1

Lately Roon Arc has been the Bee’s Knees.

Loving music out and about with Arc.

:innocent:

Isn’t this just a “re-badged” Filter, not search?
As stated elsewhere as confusing when the funnel was replaced with a looking glass-icon…

My biggest issue with ARC was how the play queue would disappear.
I tend to queue up full albums of music, maybe 10+ albums and I can listen happily and uninterrupted until I close the app.

Then I reopen the app and see the queue as before with ARC as I left it, midway through a track maybe.

I’d continue playing the queue and it would play the 1st track or finish the track already mid play and indicate nothing was queued.

If I close and reopen ARC the queue reappears and is correct showing past and future queued music, I can hit play and the queue will progress correctly.

This is an issue for me as my main use case is in the car connected to the car BT, I’m already travelling when it fails and so have to pull over to close and reopen it to restart the queue.
I don’t use Android Auto.
This is on a Google Pixel 6a phone connecting to a BT dongle plugged into the aux in the car head unit.

I’ve stopped using it and just use the Qobuz app.

Yes I saw people’s posts at the time, Tidal and Qobuz native apps also have the looking glass icon so Roon are not alone in this.
Personally I don’t have an issue with it once I knew what it represented.

Same here, and for offline use it sort of works as a search function.

Arc isn’t perfect yet, but it’s far better than it was a year ago.

Last week I found it very reliable, just a few quirks with Android Auto.

@ged_hickman1 advised rebooting my phone might help, and it did.

Smart downloads taking over for next week. Let’s see how things go again.

Point is, you don’t… :blush:

The funnel clearly represents “filtering”, which to me is obvious that it allows a visual focus in the current selection.

Search means, “is there more outside of this selection?” to me.

Yes, I understand what you’re saying, but I do understand what the looking glass does. I am pointing out that Roon are not alone in doing this, that is as all.
I’m not confused by it but people who are can lobby for a feature change.

2 Likes