ROON ARC error 998

Roon Core Machine

Rock 2.0 on NUC core i3 ram16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP Link Deco X50 connected to ISP router: Xplor AC1200 Ethernet connection

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    True
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Xplor AC 1200
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Deco X50
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

No

Connected Audio Devices

Ethernet

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{

“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkTimeout”,“status_code”:998,“error”:“”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“171.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.1.33”},

“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.68.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.68.1”,“found_upnp”:true}

}

That message is saying that you have multiple Network Address Translations existing in your network.

I suspect that your Xplor router is using IP addresses in the range 192.168.1.x, while your Deco X50 is using the range 192.168.68.x.

If it is possible to put the Xplor router into Bridge mode, do this. Otherwise you will have to set up port forwarding rules on both the Xplor (forward the port used to the Deco X50) and the Deco X50 (forward the port used to your NUC). See this article for more information:

I have already set the xplor to bridge mode and reconnect but it is not successful. It return the error as below.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkTimeout”,“status_code”:998,“error”:“”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“124.ddd.eee.fff”,“router_external_ip”:“100.aaa.bbb.ccc”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.68.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.68.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Please help.

Hi @Chairat_Jierawatanak,

If you have set one of the routers in bridge mode and there is still the MulptipleNatFound error, then i think your ISP is using CG-NAT. I think it’s CG-NAT because the router_external_ip starts with 100.

See below article

In this article you will see this:

Recognising GCNAT Address Ranges

CGNAT has its own reserved IP range between 100.64.0.0 and 100.127.255.255.

You could contact your ISP and ask the following questions (don’t made this up myself, just copied from @benjamin - Roon Staff: Technical Support).

• Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
  • Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
  • Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
  • Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?

Kind regards,

Maarten.

4 Likes

Hi @Chairat_Jierawatanak ,

As @Maarten_Duits mentioned, this is likely a CGNAT issue, have you been able to get in touch with your ISP to see if you can request an IPv4 address? Do let us know when you have a moment, thanks!

1 Like

Dear Noris,
I have contacted to my ISP today. They said they will make a change to “Public IP” for me to do the port forwarding. Please advice what should I do next.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Chairat_Jierawatanak,

Good news your ISP will give you a public IP. My advise would be that you create a manual port forwarding in the TP Link Deco X50.

In the manual on page 35 (actual page number on the page) you see how to create a port forwarding.

When you start to create the port forwarding, first go to the Roon App under Settings → Roon Arc and write down the ip address and port number.

At Service click on Custom and give the service a name ie. Roon Arc and i think you will need to enter an IP address, here enter the IP address you wrote down.

At Internal and External Port enter the number you wrote down. As protocol use TCP

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

2 Likes

Dear Maarten,
Thank you for advices. Now, all is set and tested. My ROON ARC work flawlessly at this moment.
Thank you again for your help.

Regards,

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.