Roon ARC for Android Automotive Operating System (as in Volvo, Lucid, Renault and few other cars)

Another +1 here

Voted and commenting here for support for this. It should be very simple.

Here’s the advice page from Google/Android:

Polestar 2 order has been placed, so it would be great if this is ready when my car arrives :wink:

On a more serious note: this is a must have. I really don’t want to be forced to use the Tidal or Spotify app because Roon ARC is not being made available for AAOS.

One more vote added. Looking forward to use Roon ARC in my new Volvo XC60.
For now I will use it through CarPlay.

Another vote here, running AAOS on a 23’ GMC.

Any news? This should be a simple port of the existing Android auto app

One more vote added. Looking forward to use Roon ARC in my new Volvo XC40

Another upvote from a P2 owner (upvote button used)

Polestar has arrived. Sorry to see that nothing has happened on the Roon front.

Especially considering that AAOS is the place for Roon ARC to be present: there are only a few other streaming apps (the usual suspects) and Roon ARC would have a serious USP advantage.

And on top of that: the automative industry is adapting AAOS quite rapidly (for the automotive industry at least :wink: ) … so … c’mon!

3 Likes

Polestar 2 owner. Please add AAOS support AND put in the effort to make it special and user friendly, like Roon.

2 Likes

Looking at the Roon ARC apk, I think they’d need to compile an x86 version to start with. The apk I found only had armv7 and v8 versions and the polestar2 is x86_64 AFAICT

I would love Room in my Polestar. Really hoping we see an app

1 Like

J’attends avec impatiente que l’application arrive, je viens d’avoir une Volvo ex30.
Il y a bien Tidal et Spotify sur Android automotive, manque de bol j’ai Qobuz avec roon😢

1 Like

J’ai joint qobuz, l’application Qobuz pour Android automotive arrive bientôt :pray:.
On attend roon arc, de plus en plus de fabricants de voitures utilisent Android automotive, dernier en date BMW…

Nouvel achat Volvo ex30 avec Android automotive, en espérant que Roon face une application, Tidal l’a déjà, Qobuz m’a assuré que cela allait arriver

1 Like