Roon ARC for Android Automotive Operating System (as in Volvo, Lucid, Renault and few other cars)

hi, I have a Volvo car that has google’s AAOS (which is Android like Operating System for infotainment in the car). Subset of Android apps run on it today. E.g. Spotify and Tidal.
I use Tidal when in the car and car is always connected and that is how I stream music.

However, at home I use Roon and would love to have Roon ARC for AAOS.

Could anyone from RoonLabs confirm if they have it in plans.

Tidal app is not terribly bad but as most of folks here know if you use Roon at home but have to use Tidal on the phone or in the car it makes you spend more time with those apps rather then Roon (playlists etc etc). Now for mobile phone and Roon ARC with Car Play that is okeyish but I would simply love if there was native app for my car.

Thanks in advance !!!

Er, isn’t this “Android Auto”? In which case, it’s already supported in the Early Access track, and should be coming to the Production track very soon…

No it isn’t. See here for more information: https://www.androidpolice.com/android-auto-vs-android-automotive-vs-google-automotive-services/

1 Like

Ah, OK, thanks…

I own a Polestar 2 which is also running AAOS and I cannot use the Android app for that reason. Having a port to AAOS would be highly appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi. Will it be available for the Android Automotive Operating System?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. There is a feature suggestion section where you find this and can vote for it:

1 Like

I’m also à Polestar 2 owner and also and enthusiastic user of Roon in my big stereo at home. For Tidal, Qobuz and all music collection that I have purchased over the years stored in my NAS.
Roon Arc was great! Would also love to see it developed as a native app for AAOS!!!

2 Likes

Have a Polestar 2 and waiting for Roon Arc for Android automotive :hugs:

3 Likes

Same. A native AAOS version of Roon Arc would allow me avoiding to use it via Carplay.
Hopefully with the large number of automakers that have announced AAOS based cars for 2023 there’ll be a large enough user base for roon to justify the dev work.

4 Likes

One more vote for an AAOS port of ARC. I’m currently back and forth between the CarPlay implementation of ARC and the AAOS Tidal app for my driving music. It would be terrific to use the car’s onboard cellular connection to stream my Roon library.

There is definitely a surge of new cars running AAOS across multiple makes this year and I’m optimistic that we’re about to see a great increase in the variety and quality of available apps for this new, larger user base. Hope Roon ARC can be one of them!

3 Likes

You can have my vote! P2 owner eager to use Roon :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Come one Roon! Make the app available for AAOS. Polestar is actually eager for new apps.

Also, the AAOS market is expanding with more brand choosing AAOS as their platform. Don’t loose this train!
Looking forward to.

1 Like

Interesting news this week. At least one major automaker now wants to pivot away from CarPlay and Android Auto in favor of AAOS. Setting aside the perhaps dubious justification for the change, I see it as a potential increase to the user base for an AAOS-native ARC client.

GM confirms it’s dropping Apple CarPlay and Android Auto from 2024 EVs | Ars Technica

1 Like

I just purchased a new 2023 Honda Accord Touring. It also has Android Automotive OS buit into the car. I just added my vote to this topic. I am currently using the Tidal app but would much prefer Roon ARC in my car. I have tried Roon ARC via my android cell phone, but would much prefer to use an app native to Android Auto OS.

1 Like

Another +1 here please.

1 Like

Another +1 here!

1 Like

If you haven’t already done so, please use the Vote button at the top of the thread - +1 posts don’t count… Thanks.

I had already done that. Hopefully it helps!