Roon Arc from iPhone 13 unable to access my core

Roon Core Machine

-Intel NUC Mainstream Kit (NUC8i7BEH) NUC8CY Tall with SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD 250 GB -M.2 SATA WITH V-NAND TECHNOLOGY running Crucial 8GB SINGLE DDR4 2400 MT/S memory
Running ROCK

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear RBR850 Orbi Tri-Band Mesh WIFI 6 Router

2 Orbi RBR850 Satellites

Connected Audio Devices

iPhone13
Google Chromecast
Apple TV

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I purchased a static IP address from my ISP: Astound (ubee Model No: UBC 1302 cable modem). Roon Arc is not able to access ROCK when I am not on my home WIFI network. I can access it seamlessly when I am on the network. Please advise.

Hi @derek_morris,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with port forwarding.

First off, do you see any diagnostics displayed in Roon under Settings - ARC? These will assist the tech support team in diagnosing your port forwarding issue.

Additionally, a few clarifications about your network should help speed up our troubleshooting:

1. Is your Core hardwired to the router, or is it connected to one of your access points?

2. Do you have any VPNs or proxy servers enabled?

3. Have you placed the Ubee modem in Bridge mode (if it’s a modem/router combo)?

4. Do you have multiple subnets on this network?

The tech support team will respond promptly once you’ve provided these details. Thank you!

|### derek morris derekrie@gmail.com|Attachments3:49 PM (3 minutes ago)||

|
| — | — | — |
|to Connor

|

Hi Connor,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

1. My core is hard wired to the router via a switch: S8Wpde Packedge 8 Port Gigabit Switch powered by PoE

2. I do not have any VPNs or proxy servers enabled.

3. The ubee modem is not in Bridge mode.

4. No subnets on this network

With WIF enabled on my laptop I can get Arc to see the core. see the photos attached.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.