Roon Arc Help Needed

I’ve been trying ever since it started, to set up Roon Arc. I have UPnP enabled on my router, but every time I try to connect, I receive this message.
{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“14.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
} My router is a Huawei HG658 Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi @John_Clarke,

Thank you for your post. We’d be happy to assist here.

The diagnostic snippet you’ve posted is quite common - it means that the pre-installed service in your Huawei router that Roon uses to configure ARC (this service is called UPnP) is not active.

I’d first try following the steps here to activate the UPnP service in the router. Then restart Roon Server or hit the refresh :arrows_counterclockwise: icon on the Roon Settings → ARC page to autoconfigure ARC again.

If you encounter another diagnostic error, please paste it here and we’ll work from there. Thanks!

Thank you very much for your help. As I said, however, I have UPnP enabled, and it’s showing as enabled.
I’ve toggled it on and off many times, and did so again before posting.
The message is the one I receive when it’s “enabled”.

Hi @John_Clarke,

UPnP may be on, but it’s not advertising itself as available to RoonServer. Sometimes UPnP can be active in the router without sending discovery announcements - toggling usually refreshes conditions and prompts the router’s UPnP instance to re-broadcast itself to the network.

Two possibilities here:

1. This router has restricted certain UPnP functions or the network is otherwise preventing blocking UPnP discovery announcements. Try creating a manual port forwarding rule instead in the router, pointing to the IP address and Port Number listed in Roon Settings → ARC. This should be a TCP-protocol rule. Here’s a guide for your specific router: Huawei HG658 Router Port Forwarding Instructions

2. Try changing the DNS server assigned in your router. Most users recommend Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) or Google (8.8.8.8).