Roon ARC iphone 14 Pro Max, hot, hot hot!

Hey @DrTone,

It’s unlikely your library size is causing the issue, or @c2c2c2’s for that matter. At the risk of addressing two issues in one thread, I wanted to respond generally to the overview of performance in ARC provided above in post #7.

Similarly, even upsampling from CD Quality to 48/24 quality for system output is not causing overload on the phone, despite the common assumption that it would. Upsampling or transcoding alone are not the culprit, as we’ve deeply and consistently tested these mechanisms on these devices and operating systems both prior to and in the context of these hot phone reports. This issue very likely results from several processes in ARC overlapping in ways they shouldn’t, triggered by certain conditions.

The team has escalated and will be providing updates in this thread shortly, as well as in the thread @Chrissi has begun for Android users over here: Arc heating up my Samsung Galaxy S20

Thank you all again and I hope that this problem isn’t overly interfering with ARC. We’ll have more information soon.